Thursday, April 24, 2014

Ten Thursday Thoughts



I had a good time cutting grass yesterday. That sounds odd, as I don't care much for yard work. I guess good sunshine and good music make it all a good time. All I needed was a toothpick to chew on and a nice cold beer, lol. I still have to cut my shrubs. But they are doggone near 7 feet tall. Not sure how that is going to work out.

Georgia passed a gun bill yesterday. These good Georgia White folks are jumping for joy right now.

Add this new wonderful bill to the call for a Confederate Flag license plate and it's a GREAT day in Georgia. I'm just about to start whistling Dixie in a minute. I wonder how fast I'd get my azz whooped if I ordered a plate for my car? Hmm.

I feel like if folk can have a Confederate Flag license plate, then I should at least be able to have a Martin Luther King,Jr. or a Mahalia Jackson license plate. I'm just saying.

I have a horrible craving for potatoes and popcorn. Just horrible. I must eradicate that PRONTO. I found a potato substitute called sunchokes, but it's too expensive. Plus, not all people can eat them.

Amber alert is no joke. A child was missing out of Mississipi, and the family was heading to Georgia. You can hang it up when your license plate number is being texted to EVERY cell phone. You might as well turn yourself in, honey. Child was found, parents arrested. And the reason this was an emergency was because an infant was found dead. You can not run. And you can not hide.

There is an excellent discussion about human sex trafficking on black talk radio this morning. This is befitting, as Atlanta is the number one city for it. I don't think I would've thought anything about it had I not read the novel Anybody's Daughter by Pamela Samuels-Young.

I need some new sneakers, but I can't find my size in the stores I have gone to. I guess I shouldn't have gone shopping on Easter Weekend. Folks were buying dress shoes AND fresh new white sneakers like crazy. Maybe I will have better luck this weekend.

I seem to be adjusting to these 6 hour workdays. I hear that we will be doing this for another month. I must admit it is nice to get off from work eveyday between noon and two o'clock. It is nice to be not be caught up in a bunch of ATL traffic. Yes indeed.

There's a big difference between what I should be doing and what people think I should be doing. I find that I am happier and more content when I do what I know is right for me to do... rather than seeking the approval of others. Does that make sense? I hope so.

1 comment:

  1. Georgia is going to keep it up and make me move! Guns are allowed in church. Really?

    I think I am going to steal your 10 Thursdays Thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!