Friday, October 10, 2014

Friday Freestyles

It's Friday...

And it's PayDay.

And it's a 3 day weekend, seeing how Columbus day is on Monday.

I may turn it into a 5 day weekend. Or at least a 4 day weekend.

This Oldgirl needs some time off. Really.

We will see.

I don't have much to say today. But I do want to post.

I just got off yet ANOTHER national conference call. Somehow I ended up on this expert panel concerning something we do in the lab. It is not making me great because they are trying to initialize a new program and I am getting a box full of confusing emails from 20 different folks.

Do me a favor. Leave me off the email thread. Please and thank you.

And everybody uses such big words and such strong scientific language. I want to send out an email saying "Can ya'll bring this back down to earth?"

They are making my brain hurt.

Yeah, I know all ya'll are smart. We all got the same degrees. But make this ish simple and plain please. My head is not all the way in the game.

I heard one of my coworkers, Dr. Ling, ask a question on the call. So when the call finally ended, I marched across the hall to her cubicle area and we had a 10 minute vent/discussion about it all. We each filled in the O_o spaces for each other. I feel better now. And she does too. 

(I like her. And she's teaching me some Chinese. I know 2 or 3 phrases. I consider myself fluent now. Yes I do.)

But I am reminding myself to add this expert stuff to my resume when I do an update. Yes indeed.

Otherwise, it has been a good day. It has.

Quote of the week.  Uh, I have no idea. Let me look up something in a book I am reading.

Nerp... those are too deep for you. I am still trying to process it all myself.

Moving on.

Video of the Week. I saw this on Facebook today. It gave me life.



That is awesome. It takes me back to my 7 year old self, and how I would wake up on Saturday mornings and watch cartoons and then watch Soul Train at 11:00 am.

Fast forward to present times. Saturday morning is filled with news programs. And most of it's bad news.

Oh how I wish for the Saturday mornings of my childhood.


I am looking forward to the weekend. It's going to be a good one. On purpose.

You have a good weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!