Monday, October 27, 2014

Quote of the Day: Of Self Worth and Opinions

I heard a couple of interesting quotes on Sirius XM this morning. I don't have the person's name, but I think he's a financial and business guru. But I thought they were good quotes to write down...

Not one ounce of my self worth depends on your opinion of me. 

Now that's a good one.

You know, when I make decisions, or I am talking to people about decisions they want to make - especially positive ones or ones that move towards our purposes- it never fails that one big thing comes up: worrying what others will say or think about it.  There's that old fear of rejection, too.

And I always wonder... if what others have to say was out of the way, would we do more with our lives?

Just a question.

And all of this is complicated by people are experts on the lives of others... but are not fully aware of their own lives.

We are terribly judgmental, yet afraid to be judged. 

You know it's true.

So I thought that was a good post. Worth remembering...

Here's to a healthy since of self-worth. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!