I am so sorry, but I haven't felt much like blogging. I think it's because I am have a lot of food for thought posts in my head, and that takes up so much time. So for today, a Ten Thursday thoughts has to do.
1. I am enjoying these nice autumn days. My bank account will enjoy it more, as my electric and gas bill will be quite low due to ambient temperatures.
2. Someone is standing behind me talking to someone in another cubicle. It seems like he or she is introducing some salesmen around. (Luckily I am on a conference call right now, so I don't have to deal with the false pleasantries). The problem is, one of them has a strong onion smell, almost enough to make my mouth water. I know it's not me, because I haven't had anything since this morning's kale, blueberry and pear smoothie. It is quite distracting.
They just walked off. Thank goodness. Whatever they ate for lunch must've been REALLY good. Really.
3. Oscar-Tyrone is just a shell of his old self. It brings me to tears. Sigh. I take him outside in the evenings when I get home and let him lay in the grass until dusk. He can't run away, so he might as well enjoy some sunshine and fresh air. He walks over and explores behind the shrubs, and he walks up and down the porch stairs... slowly. If he gets much worse, I will have to have him put to sleep. Sigh. I am not sure I can take that, though. I want him to pass peacefully at home.
Okay, no more of this sad thought. Man.
4. I can't seem to wake up before dawn. If I wake up and it's dark, I go back to sleep. And it doesn't get "light" outside until 7:30 in the morning. Something deeply bothers me when it comes to getting dressed when it's dark. I need to work on that. Hmm.
5. I haven't had lunch yet. And it's after 2 in the afternoon. I am still on this conference call, though. Nothing worse than a conference call that lasts past an hour. We should be done soon, as I am sure some of the West Coast participants are getting hungry.
6. I walked in the lab and Commander By was playing Supersonic by JJ Fad.
Even though that song is over 25 years old... we still know ALL the lyrics. LOL.
7. Rest in peace to the African who died from the Ebola in the USA. Ah yes, The USA and our top notch health care. It just looks so bad. And I won't even talk about why. It's so obvious.
8. I took Grandma to get her flu shot on Tuesday. I got mine also. When I don't get my flu shot, I get the flu. And it is HORRIBLE. I have learned my lesson. This will be me and Grandma's "girl thing" to do from now on.
9. Conference call finally over after 1 hour, 22 minutes. Good deal. Not sure why I am on the call. This was a specialists call, and I am not a specialist. I refuse to do what my specialist should be doing. They have dogged and used me for years, and I can't get the promotion to that. So I stay in my corner. I took some good notes, though. Good scientific food for thought. But my specialist needs to step up. Seriously.
10. Now I can leave and go find something to eat. *lee grabs work badge and heads for the door*
That's about it for my Ten Tuesday thoughts... I need to get back on track with my blogging because it is such good bootleg therapy.
And that I plan to do.
Being Present -
11 hours ago