Monday, November 06, 2017

Monday Night Musings

It's Monday once again. And this Monday was special because daylight savings time kicked in and we are suppose to celebrate this beloved extra hour of sleep. But I haven't been sleeping the best lately, and it was disturbing to wake up to CRAZY sunlight this morning. So I think I need to adjust what time I actually wake up. We will see.

Another Mass Murder. So here we go, once again, a mass shooting. A guy shot up a church and killed 25 people. And this time, there were children murdered, one as young as 18 months old.

This type of thing is beyond sad and tragic when it happens. My thoughts and prayers are with these victims and their families. My thoughts are always... what is the root of the problem? What makes one resort to running up in somewhere killing folk, because you know this whole thing has the most horrific of consequences. And then, to make things complicated, we are all conditioned now: we know the race and religion of the perpetrator right off.  If it is a brown or non-christian, non-white person, there is IMMEDIATE outrage. But when it's a white male committing these horrific acts, it is Oh poor guy... he has a mental problem.

Terrorism is terrorism. An overwhelming percentage are carried out by white men. And as per usual, it is another white privilege exercise. Because you know congress can't upset these gun lobbyists...

And now, the actual solution to the problem seems to be that you best go to church armed with a gun.

How CONVENIENT for the gun lobbies! Someone's about to make some money! 

Imagine that. A shooter comes in, and we all have a gun and we all start shooting. Wow.

I will be thinking about that for a minute.

My Weekend. I had a decent weekend, especially after the strange week I had last week. I had some sinus issues that were giving me fits, had me all stressed out and depressed, so much so that I had to take a sick day off from work. It felt good to wake up Saturday morning and be able to breathe correctly. And it was nice to leave the house and not be super cold. As a matter of fact, the days could have been mistaken for a spring day. I went and got a haircut on Sunday, and that turned out good, for a good talk with my barber afforded some work through some of my personal issues and complicated feelings about some goals I am thinking about for the new year.  A pep talk is always good for the soul.

Saturday night, I attended a VERY special birthday party. Mama Adrienne celebrated her 40th birthday.


40 is such an important milestone.  I would think that was my most important age milestone to date, and I can only hope it is one of her most important ones, too. I think she is celebrating all month, but I was fortunate enough to join her for one of her parties. And the cake... it was breathtaking,



It was a good time, even though I suck in group situations. I am working on it. But it was good to see her, as I haven't seen her in quite awhile. I can only hope her 40s will be yet another great decade of growth, change, and love in her life. I am sure ALL that will come to pass!

Sunday, my sister and Notorious J were over. I am so happy to be able to keep him and give her a
break. She was able to get some of her lesson plans done for the coming school week, and I was able to spend a good amount of time with him. I hate that I didn't get up early enough to cook Sunday dinner for them. I didn't think she was coming over, but she did! So we just had leftovers from the fridge. That is Sunday dinner enough. And I got a chance to spend quality time with my sister and little nephew.

Song of the Week. "Sending My Love" by Zhane. 



How wonderful, soothing and awesome is that song? And it makes me think of love.

*checking to see what year that song came out*

1994. Hmm... I was 24 years old. I can't really remember much of what was going on around that time. That song came out 23 years ago.

Oh, yes I do. *raises eyebrow at that year*

And I don't listen to much R&B now. Do we have any good R&B music now? Not that poppy ish, but some real sangers?

If I have to ask the question, then that is not good.

Oh well.

I am looking forward to a productive week. I was a bit miffed about coming to work today, so I had some communion before hand and blessed my whole week. My emotions and attitude have been a little left of center this past month and I am desperate need of some correction. So that is the direction I'm going in and thinking on. Damn these hormones of mine and this menopausal craziness.

Looking forward to a great week... on purpose.

And I wish the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!