Tuesday, November 07, 2017

Ten Tuesday Thoughts

1. It is only Tuesday, and I am already ready for the week to be over. I am SO glad that Friday is a holiday. That means a 3-day weekend for me, and I'm going to make the best of it.

2. I have 940 hours of sick leave. That works out to 23.5 weeks.  That is real close to 6 months of sick leave. It's good to have that much, but I hope I never get sick enough to use big chunks of time.

3. I have a terrible habit of turning my cell phone ringer and notifications off.  There is nothing worse than a ringing cell phone or notifications dings in our EXTREMELY quiet cubicle area.That's not the bad habit, though, as I am just being mindful of my fellow employees. The bad habit is not turning it back ON after my workday. Now, I will hear it vibrating and ringing if I am listening to something (music, talk radio) on my headphones, but it is a problem when I am not doing that,  or if I am running errands after work.  And at night when I get in the bed, I see I have phone calls. I need to figure out a way to remember to turn it on or put everything on low.

4. I hate these psychological dependences on cell phones. I remember when we didn't have cell phones, when you better stop and call somebody from a pay phone and keep it moving. 

5.  I am doing a lot of confusing paperwork right now. Might be best if I could work from home, but it sucks to need a piece of data from a computer in the lab... and not be at work, where I can just run to the next room and get it.

6. I tell you... Donna Brazille is pissed off. She is spilling much tea on the DNC. And she said if we don't like it, we can go to hell. Well alright, ma'am! I might get the audible version of her book just to see what the heck was going on during that election year!

7. I voted today. I wasn't going to, because there will be a run-off in our major mayoral race, but I did anyway. It took me all of 3 minutes and I was done.

8. One of the people running for a position was arguing with the elderly campaign workers. Apparently they were too close to the polls. (I think you have to be a certain number of feet from the polls if you're campaigning).

9. I wanted to holler out, as I drove by, "I hope you lose!!". I don't understand why anyone would want to fight with these old folks. And this candidate has been leaving WAY too much mail in my door. I rarely go through my front door. And I live in the hood. That mail in the door makes it look like I ain't home. She should know better.

10.  It was cold last week, but now it's warm this week. I believe it was even 80 degrees yesterday. This means I can still wear my capri pants, even if this is the last week to do so.

That's it for my Ten Thoughts on  a Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!