Wednesday, November 08, 2017

I Voted...

So yesterday was a big day. It was the first big vote day after the election of our beloved new president.

I wasn't going to vote, as I knew the major race for Mayor of Atlanta would be a runoff. But nevertheless, I voted.


I was in and out in, like, less than a couple of minutes.

What surprised  me the most was the "commotion" that  went on while I was there.  There were only 3 voters there at the time, and we were outnumbered by the elderly campaign  workers. They were in a huff because people were campaigning too close to the precinct. And they'd warned them to stay back, but they wouldn't.

And it became one of those...

"I done told you once. I done told you twice."

Let's just say they'd considered calling the police but EAGERLY decided to handle it on their own.

And I began to think - Oh no, it's about to go down. Maybe I should leave.

As I quickly jumped in my car and drove past the commotion, I saw that it was one of the people running for the local council talking trash.

I wanted to holler "I hope you LOSE!". But I didn't.

Well, she did lose. That is what she gets for breaking distance rules. Humph.

Alas, there is a runoff in our city for mayor. I am voting for Mary Norwood. Unless Keisha Bottoms come out swinging and do well in the debates, then uh... nope.

But I WILL tell you what was interesting... I remember that bizarre push last year to get the transgender bathroom laws. I think that failed, but I remember thinking "The transgender people are going to start running for some offices. Watch." And lo and behold they did, and they won some elections.

Hmm...

Then there's a slew of new minority and immigrant-turned-US citizen mayors and elected officials. A Sikh was even elected Mayor.

The white nationalist are gonna get enough of picking on people. Watch. Ya'll can march around in your golf clothes waving your tiki torches if you want to. People are taking note and running for office.

And if Trump's tax reform bi doesn't go through, uh... watch out in 2018.

Congrats to all who won their races.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!