Tuesday, November 28, 2017

At the Gentrified Kroger...


So on Sunday,I made a run down the local gentrified Kroger.

This is the Kroger they built when all the white people started moving into my hood.

And it's a big fancy Kroger, 2 or 3 times bigger than a normal grocery store. There's even a bar.

I like it much, even though I rarely go there. I think this time was the third time this year I'd made a run there.

I needed something simple like dental floss. And I needed to take my spare car for a spin.

(These types of things could've waited until Saturday... but that dental floss, tho...)

Anyway, I saw some fascinating products up in my beloved gentrified Kroger. Things that weren't there for me, but if I wanted, I could buy them!

I came across some marvelous jellies and jams.

I saw a Cabernet jam.


I guess that's what's up if you love your wine. That peach marmalade looks great. But I will not being paying $9.99 for that.

Nope.

So for the holiday season, we have a nice pumpkin preserves.


No, that's "preserved pumpkin". I won't be buying that. Not only am I paying $9.99, I'm not paying for something that I don't like: pumpkin.

Now if they served up some "preserved sweet potato", I may get that.

What's most interesting about the gentrified Krogers near my home (there are two), is that their are MULTIPLE AISLES of liquor and beer. Multiple. The one that I've frequented over the past decade actually has its own wine steward. This new gentrified kroger is only a couple of years old (if that). I saw no wine steward at this new store, but I sure saw some wine.

Down one of the aisles, I saw some wine bottles locked behind glass. And you know me... I thought I would investigate.

I was shocked to see some $149.99 wine!


Now, I am not a wine connoisseur. Not in the least. The most I've paid for a bottle of wine is $21.99. And the only reason I paid that much is because it had some chemical formulas on it, and as a chemist, I was immediately intrigued.

Now I was already bugging over $150 wine. But a closer look at the other wine revealed some wine that was a little more expensive.

a
$549.99!!

Wow!! 

Who pays that much for wine?  Grocery store wine?

WOW!

Not me. Nope. But this is the gentrified Kroger. I am sure someone paid for it. It is there for a reason, you see.

Hmm...

A trip through  that Kroger is a far cry from the Kroger over in SWATS.

At least I know where to go now if I want something super fancy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!