Monday, November 13, 2017

Of Wallets and Reunions

So... a couple of months ago I had the opportunity to attend a family reunion on my father's side of the family. I considered this a challenge because first, I don't really know these people, and second, the older I get, the more I don't care to deal in crowds. So with that said, I saw the family reunion as a great opportunity to not only be around my own kin, but as a much needed opportunity to tackle these minor social anxiety issues that are creeping into my life as of late.

The interesting thing is that my father's family is as quiet and calm as myself. This is hilarious to me, yet it makes me understand more about my personality.

And it also afforded another opportunity: running up on one of the popular local outlet malls.

I felt bad about this because, when having a phone conversation with a cousin about the location of the family reunion, my eyes lit up.  I said to her "That's down there by the Tanger Outlet. I want to go to the outlet! I haven't been there in 20 years!"

I was thinking that in my head and it somehow slipped out of my mouth. There's an Oldgirl at work that has a Michael Kors wallet and we discussed it maybe being at the outlet. Hmmm.

So at the reunion I heard the question a couple of times... "Did you get a chance to go to the outlet?"


Yes I did.

I stopped by Michael Kors. And I went to the Coach outlet, which was nearby. I didn't have much time. I should've gone down there a few hours early, but I didn't. But I bought a few items.

There was some odd 70% off  sale. I only went for one wallet, but hey, I saw some others that I wanted.  I purchased some wallets for around $100 total!

I only went into the Coach store to look around. But I bought that small Coach wallet also.

I wasn't all that interested in Coach, though.

Why?

Because I have a Coach edition car!

Look close!

I always tell people that you can attach a strap or handle to my car and it would be a very fine purse for a dinosaur!

LOL!

It was a good trip to the outlets, and a good family reunion. I was glad I went. My father's side of the family, and I've noticed this whenever I am around them, are some very kind, quiet and calm people. It makes me understand that part of my personality better. And it definitely helps me to accept myself as I am with glee.

Those important lessons (and a few nice wallets), are a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!