Monday, November 27, 2017

Monday Night Musings

It is Monday!

The Monday after a long holiday weekend!

And it's more O_o for me... As I only really worked one day last week.

ONE DAY.

The time off was good, but my attitude needs to be better about the return to work. I must admit that I have today I have ran through a range of emotions - anger, sadness, lethargy, confusion. At the same time, I have gotten a few things done today. I remember driving to work this morning that I thought "Something great will happen to me today."  And just making it through the day - I receive that as my great thing.

Thanksgiving was good. The whole week was good. I happen to get a good bit of decluttering done, and even take some items out to the Goodwill. I have been in my house for 12 YEARS. So I have an abundant amount of stuff  that needs to go. I am starting in the kitchen which is easiest to do, and if I haven't used items in a year, they must go.  For real. And I must admit it is very freeing.

That brings me to the quote of the week. Not sure where I heard it, but I did hear it.

"A cluttered space is a symptom of a cluttered mind."

My mind is a bit cluttered. I need to be free.

I am working on my house, and I will also work on  decluttering my cubicle.  I will.

Pictures. So my sister made gumbo. I watched her do it, while I had the baby. It came out good, but I like seafood in mine, and she has shellfish allergies - something like that (it is very confusing). But she did a good job. There's no picture of that. When it was done, I split up and froze that stuff QUICK while Notorious J was calm.

But I also made what I wanted to make for Thanksgiving. I get a taste for traditional thanksgiving food every few years, but I try to do something different every year. Our family doesn't gather for thanksgiving, which makes me sad, so it is easier for me to just go get a plate of traditional food from someone's gathering. This year I stayed home.  My sister came over later (she'd made the gumbo the day before).

I made my stuffed acorn squash!

(And here's a picture of my acorn squash before roasting).

Here's the final product!

Oh it was so good. I thought I added to much quinoa, but that actually turned out to be the right amount. It was more filling.

Of course I mixed in WHATEVER was in the fridge. Here's my concoction.


I'd run out of pecans, so I substituted pistachios, which was GREAT.

The stuffed acorn squash is good because it makes for great meals this week. So I don't have to deal with leftover turkey. I deal with leftover squash. And this is something I will not get tired of!

I also made some red bell pepper-carrot soup. I don't have a picture of it, but I do have a picture of the roasted peppers.




Here's a link for the red pepper carrot soup. It is super easy and oh so good. I think I may have to make it more often. It's getting cold and I have to have something hot, and preferably good for me.

That made for a great  Thanksgiving. And this little guy did, too.




LOL!! Look at that expression on his face! I wonder what he's thinking about!?

Maybe he just has gas.

That is it for me. I am looking forward to having a great week. On purpose.

You do the same.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:44:00 PM

    Glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving holiday. "J" is such a cutie!

    ~LisaBinAR

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!