Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Merry Christmas/Happy Kwanza... etc

Merry Christmas

Happy Kwanza

Happy Winter Solstice

Happy Hanukah

And whatever else I forgot.

LOL.

I had a great Christmas. I hope you did too!

My sister and my nephew spent the night at my house. She got up and fixed a large breakfast.


There was some patty sausage and polish sausage hiding under that bread.

I am not sure who she was trying to feed with all that food.

And you know what I realized? The last time I ate breakfast food was a year ago in Dubai. Wow.
I must have eaten some real breakfast food since then. I just don't remember. And that's a good thing, I suppose.

And it reminded me of what my grandfather would do for Christmas: make breakfast on Christmas morning. We didn't have Christmas dinner when everyone got together. And that made for a good memory.

Anyway, it was good. So good that I didn't eat anything until noon the next day. Killed my whole entire appetite, it did. I had the 'itis something terrible.

I made cookies for my sister. That's a cheap gift, and it's what she really wanted.




Oatmeal cranberry raisin walnut and Oatmeal chocolate chip.

She was waaaay excited about that. More excited about the cookies than about the $50 Visa gift card I gave her.

She gave me a $50 Best Buy card. Whooo weee... I can't even think straight about what I'm going to buy with that! She also bought me some earrings and gloves. Love those too, even more!

But it was nice to wake up and have a Christmas morning together, just like we did last year. Christmas is not a holiday in Dubai, so it was odd to be in the mall or driving around the city and everyone's working. And last year, we had breakfast at the highest restaurant in the world, at the Burj Khalifa.

And this year, we had breakfast with Justin.






Who would've known that he would be here with us now? Life sure moves fast, doesn't it?

I bought a swing for him. I still have to put it together. I will do that this week sometime, before they come back over to my house.

But it has been a good Christmas season. Very good.

And I am hoping for a great New Year.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:36:00 AM

    AWWWW, LOOK AT THE BIG BOY "J"!!!!!!

    He is so handsome! Happy New Year!

    ~LisaBinAR

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!