Friday, December 22, 2017

Friday Freestyles

So it is Friday.

This has been a LONG week. I think this is because I have not set a foot up into the workplace. Oh yes, I drove past the exit, and looked over in that direction while I sat in traffic, on my way home from the IKEA, but that's about it.

Now when I look over that way while driving down the freeway, I see a new building that leaves me mesmerized for some reason.  I think because it's all glass.

Now, I've worked in downtown area for some 16 years and I have seen many, at least 20, skyscrapers go up. It is amazing to see something go up from scratch. I'm talking from where they dig down deep and have to remove tons and tons of Georgia red clay before they even start building.

And that was the case with this building. While walking to my own work building, I would take pictures of it. I'd never seen an all glass building being built.
Turns out that's the world headquarters for NCR. I took a virtual tour on youtube. It is state of the art. There's a garden halfway up the building, extending out from the building. Let's just say I'm trying to find a way to get up in that building. I am sure somebody's mama or cousin work up in there. I want to see it in person.

Anyway... I did ALL my Christmas shopping today at the Dollar Tree and the Wal-Mart.  In 2.5 hours flat. You cannot beat that.

I have one more thing to get: a gift card for my sister. I have no idea what to buy her, but a Visa gift card never hurt nobody. After that, I am done!
 
Picture of the Week. Justin and Me!

He will be over this weekend. This means I probably won't get much sleep. He needs MUCH entertaining. He wants me to stand him up and bounce him repeatedly... hold him up while he walks across the floor. I don't remember babies doing all this at 4 months old.

Can you believe he's 4 months old??? Go Justin!

Song of the Week. A BUNCH of music came out this month. I not particularly interested in much of  it. So I guess what I see people hollering about in the twitter streets should be song(s) of the week. The new Cardi B song and the new Migos cut are good. I suppose they can serve as songs of the week.

But no... two videos from the TDE crew came out in the last couple of days.

"Love" by Kendrick Lamar.



He makes some great videos as of late. He definitely has a big budget.

"The Weekend" by SZA



Now, this is my favorite R&B song of the year. But the video SUCKS. Obviously TDE video budgets go to Kendrick Lamar. But knowing how SZA operates, she came up with this video by itself. It is an official thot/side-chick song. She could've done SO much more with that video. Sigh.

But that song is everything. SZA is an amazing writer, and her melodies are awesome.

That makes up for the confusing video. It is different, but I was expecting something different.

Both of them are up for Grammys, though. Go Top Dawg crew!!! That's such a strong talented camp!

That is it for me...

We have only one more good week in the year of 2017! If you haven't met your goals, you still got time!

You still got time...  Close to 200 hours or thereabouts.

Make it happen. On purpose!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!