Wednesday, December 06, 2017

Time Person of the Year 2017


You know, for a minute, I thought Time was going to name our beloved President "Time's Person of the Year". When I heard that, my eyes rolled so hard that they 'bout rolled out of my head.

You know he would not be gracious. Who wants to hear him gloat and gloat and gloat? Continuously tweeting about it?

Man oh man.

No ma'am. No sir. Stop it.

NO!

I don't know about you, but I am emotionally drained enough. Enough, I said.

But I think the right "person" got the person of the year honor: The #MeToo Movement.

"The Silence Breakers"



That may be too small to see. You can look it up online for yourself. Click here for the link to the article.

This is the movement that has highlighted and steamrolled how serious sexual harassment is. I mean folks are losing their WHOLE  entire livelihood. Losing everything, no matter how set they think they are in life.

I remember thinking a couple of weeks ago that we are seeing a HUGE cultural shift. HUGE.

And this whole movement caught steam only a couple of months ago. And you know what that shows me?

It shows me that life itself can shift... in an instant.

Really. 

So bravo ladies for being brave enough to tell your stories.

Why?  Because I don't know one woman, including myself, who does not have a #metoo story.

Some of us have several. And finally, we have justice.

How great is that?

And even though not much can be done for ladies who have suffered in the past, this changes matter for the future. For our young girls and teen girls, they may not have to go through what so many women who have suffered in the past. Sexual harassment may be a thing of the past.

Now that would be truly great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!