Wednesday, December 20, 2017

My Favorite Things 2017, Part I

This the time of year that I like to think about the things I fancied this year, i.e., my favorite things. Today I wanted to do a post on my favorite foods.

1. Sweet Tango Apples



I'd taken a picture of my apples, but my flash was too bright. I wanted you to see the label, so I grabbed a pic off the internet. I came across this apple at my favorite Farmer's Market. I think I also saw it once at the White Peoples' Whole Foods store out in Buckhead. Both of these places are quite a drive away (10-25 miles away), but when I go, I make sure I get a big bag of at least 6-8 of them... and I make them last.

They remind me of my favorite apple over the years: the Fuji apple. These have a stronger flavor. I don't know how to describe the flavor, but they keep me coming back for more.

2. Pomegranate arils

So when I went to Dubai last year and found them for $4 a pint- the going price over there- I bout lost my mind. Every time my sister and I went to the store, I would grab a pint. And I would eat them straight from the plastic container.

I do that now here at home. Especially since I saw a video on the proper way to peel and gut a pomegranate. When I catch them on sale, I buy them. And I can peel them in less than 5 minutes. Oh joy!

When I was little, I loved pomegranates. But I made such a mess when chewing up the fruit and spitting out the seeds. Who would've known that we were missing out on fiber and nutrients in those seeds. I learn something new every day!

3. Golden Berries

I'd never heard of these before. And I make an effort to try a new fruit or vegetable from time to time. This is my favorite thing I tried this year. And they remind me of grapes, but with a tropical flavor. This is odd to me, as I don't really care for tropical fruit. But these have grown on me. I've only bought them once, but they have been my favorite new food that I've tried this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!