Thursday, December 21, 2017

Ten Thursday Thoughts...The Rainy Day Edition

Ten Thoughts on a Thursday



1. Atlanta is SUPER dreary right now. There has been nothing but rain, rain, rain. And it's that type of rain where you don't even need an umbrella. Just nasty drizzle. Ick.

2. This should have happened when I was NOT on vacation.

3. But with that said, I always say the following when I'm out driving in such nastiness:

"Thank you Lord for watering the earth."

A simple thanks. Because imagine if we didn't get any rain all year.

4. This time last year, I was in Dubai. It did not rain. Even though it got cloudy, there was no rain.

5. I remember, upon returning home, waking up one morning to the sound of rain hitting my roof and the sound of thunder. I never thought I would be so glad to hear the rain.

6. Today was a busy day. Not really, but with all the rain and traffic, it felt like it was a busy day.

7. I got my teeth cleaned today. I haven't had a cleaning since June 2016. This Oldgirl has several cavities. Sigh. But I was in and out in 20 minutes. That was good service.

8. I walked around IKEA today.

I haven't been there since it opened, and that had to be a couple of decades ago at the most. I don't remember. I just know it took FOREVER to walk around that place. I was looking at furniture but once I figured that I had to haul it out and put it together, uh... NO.  I walked around the store for a whole hour and I found a nice plaid duvet for my bed. That is all. Here it is in the store:


(I was looking at that small chest. But like I said, this old girl is not putting furniture together).

9. The IKEA check out lines were SUPER long. I am talking 10 people deep. I was in line for 20 minutes. And that was the express checkout line. LAWD.

10. I came across a new restaurant after my time at IKEA. I was trying to go to a ramen spot but it didn't open until 5:30 pm, and it was 3:00 om at the time. So I went to the new restaurant next door:

Annie Mae's Pantry.

Wow... Annie Mae looking like she lived next door to Celie and Nettie back in the day.

I had a grilled brisket cheese sandwich and I bought a couple pieces of cake.

WOW.

Sooooo good. But I am feeling some type of way now, as I have been slurping smoothies and munching fruit as of late. That sandwich slowed me down. Beef is a little too much for me these days. (At least it was on wheat bread!)

A couple of bites of that cake, and uh... wow. Let's just say, my sister needs to come eat the rest of it before I get to feenin' for more! Best cake ever! I think I bought strawberry cake, and chocolate cake with caramel icing.

Let's just say there was no dinner for me... Just water. Nice lukewarm water.

I know where to go now if I want some cake that tastes like it was made in my Grandma's kitchen.

That's in for 10 Thursday thoughts. That was a good hearty one :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!