Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Ten Tuesday Thoughts


1. The holiday is over! That was a fast 3 day weekend.

2. It felt pretty awful driving in to work today, especially since it was raining hard. There is nothing more interesting than Atlanta traffic as it is, but mix in thunderstorms. WoW!

3. I am amazed that that doesn't happen more often, this rain and traffic mix.

4. The focus of the month of May, well, the past couple of weeks, has been a bit of crocheting


5. That picture in #4 is nice, but it has all looked more like this.


6. I HATE whipstitching squares together. But I'd sent a coworker some pictures of baby blankets, and I let him pick out the blanket he wanted me to make. He chose a checkerboard blue and white blanket, and I hollered "Ewwwwww!" (using my inside voice, though).

7. With that said, this has been an amazingly peaceful whipstitch experience. Why? Because I pulled up some YouTube videos on the subject, and I found a better way to do it. GLORY!!

8. Whipstitched blankets take me about 20% longer to make than a regular baby blanket. And that's alright. I just need to work a little faster.

9. I did not eat lunch today. I was running late this morning and I thought that I would just eat out. But I just called a bootleg fast and kept it moving.  I will eat when I get home. Only water thusfar (and some peppermints). Amen.

10. I missed a group meeting today. I am not sure why we planned a meeting right after a holiday, right when I am scheduled to start work. But I should have known something was up when I roamed around the cubicle area and everyone was gone. That is a bad feeling. I have to come up with a way to remember meetings.


That is it for ten Tuesday thoughts, the post holiday edition. Have a good evening!



1 comment:

  1. I've been in crochet mode as well. Not only is my 1st grandbaby coming in December but my niece is also expecting and due in October.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!