Friday, May 04, 2018

Friday Freeeestyles



It's Friday! And it's Payday!

Most importantly, it is the last lab day of a project I am working on at work... well, if it comes out right, that is. I won't know until I crunch a ton of data.

But I will worry about that when I get to it.

Not much to say, but I don't want to go a week without posting. Having trouble uploading pictures again, so... bleh.

My favorite Picture of the Week...


It's a faceoff between Big Mitch and Justin.

But for me there's some "food for thought lite" in that picture.

It reminds me to always be sure to face my challenges and fears. That something that's difficult for me.

Now in the above picture, I don't know if it's Justin or Mitch that's challenged or in a state of fear.

But we have to face up to them nevertheless.

Mitch usually goes on about his business, away for Justin. I think he may still be unsure of what Justin is. He's gotten close enough to be petted, but that's about it. And Mitch doesn't scratch or fight. (Well, he scratches and fights my girl cat Sister Callie Jo, but that's a whole 'nother matter.)

Movie of the Week. Avenger's Infinity War!



I saw it last night. (No I was not going to fight with the crowds. NOPE.

That was a GOOD movie. I don't usually like movies with a gazillion heroes in them, but this one was very good. I liked Black Panther more, though. But this was well worth it.

Black Panther comes out on DVD and digital this month. I will be downloading it the day it comes out! Correction: I will be downloading it the MOMENT it comes out.

Song of the Week. My favorite song by Destiny's child is "Girl"



My best friend LadyTee really likes it, too. That is how she feels about me after nearly 40 years of friendship.

Well, I was washing dishes the other day and I hear the first few notes of the song. I start to sway, and I was gearing myself up to sing. But the song sounded strange. I don't know, it was a little slow.

Lo and behold, it was an oldie. In other words, Destiny Child's version is NOT the original.

Go figure!

Well the original is titled "Oceans of Thoughts and Dreams" and it is by the Dramatics, a popular 70s soul group.



Humph. I don't like it AT ALL. But whoever found and used the sample - good for them!

Makes me yearn for some original music, though. These new songs... you never know who if they are sampled or not. Sigh.

Oh well!

With that said, I am done. I am ready for my weekend!

I'm going to make it a good one! On purpose!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!