Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Too Much Pork...

So I visited a new Farmers market a couple of months out along the Asian/Mexican corridor on the north side of Atlanta, and I saw something I usually see in such places.

Pork skins.

I don't know how one pronounces what they call these... chicarrones or something like that. I remember LadyTee buying one for her daughter. I can't bring myself to buy that. They had the smaller version, and I bought a couple of dollars worth of those, but that is it.

But then I saw something that left me a bit perplexed:
I first thought it was a big gallon jar of pickled pig feet. Such delicacies were a mainstay at the corner stores in the hood when I was a child. But upon closer inspection, I saw that it was cured pork rinds, pork snouts, pork feet and vegetables.

*crickets*

What in the world?

What do you even do with that? I mean, do you throw that in a pot of collard greens to give it flavor?

I don't know. And they had a lot of it. It must be popular.

There was no one around to ask.

And there was no way I was gonna buy it. That's just too much pork.

I do remember buying a whole pickled pig foot for a $1 back in the 70s, when I was a little girl and didn't know no better. LOL.

But not today, honey. Not today.

1 comment:

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!