Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Birthday Adventures 2007

dedicated to my homegirl LadyTee, who RIPPED me over my birthday post! (That chick NEVER reads, and then she decides to read THAT post, LOL)...Oh what a "lovely" discussion we had this morning!! I stood my ground though. Love you anyway, LadyTee (you busta!! LOL)

I was reminded that I didn't do a post about what I did for my birthday, so I thought I would go ahead and get into it...

Nothing spectacular happened... like, if I won the lottery or something like that, then um...

I wouldn't even be sitting here typing right now. I would be basking in the tropical sun!




LOL!!

Anyway, my birthday was nice. Why? Because I took a vacation day, that's why. I promised myself that I would do this every year...

So I woke up naturally. No wake-up call from my diligent chaffeur my carpool partner the Infamous Hen-Dog. I did a little journal writing, and a little reading, and then got up and washed clothes, etc. Around nine o'clock people started calling to wish me a happy birthday. One call in particular was funny, a call from my book club sista, CatEyes.

CatEyes: "Happy Birthday, girl!"
Lee: Thank you!"
CatEyes: "What are you doing?"
Lee: "Sweeping the bathroom floor!"

Uh, she didn't like that answer, LOL. She scolded me about that. I like to sweep... It relaxes me!

Anyway, LadyTee called. We were suppose to spend the day together. By that time, I'd laid back down and was watching TV and reading a book (I'm weird. I always do two things at a time!). She calls with her usual "Lee, I'm 'bout to get in this tub, so get your butt up and be ready when I get there!"

Now with LadyTee, this could mean anything. It could mean that she will be at my house in a couple of hours, or it could mean she will be over in 15 mintues. Any which way, I best have myself together or I'm going to have to hear her mouth. (NOT a good thing).

She comes over about an hour later. I was ready.

We went to the Tag office and got our car tags. (Yes, we are lame like that. It was my day off and I would have to pay a late fee if I didn't get it by my birthday. Alas, head to the Tag Office!). Her birthday is coming up, so she got hers, too. Nothing like killing 2 birds with one stone, man!

Then we went to lunch. We went to Up the Creek on the Bougeious side of SWATS.

I heard through the grapevine that you eat free for your birthday. So we decided to check it out.

Let's just say we paid 8 dollars for 25 dollars worth of food. Nothing like free food, babes.

I have a little something I do every birthday: I cash in my spare change. Now, I collect change in a large quart sized cup from the day after my birthday to the day of my birthday. I use this as my birthday money, and I buy myself a gift with it. So LadyTee and I went to the SWATS Kroger and cashed in my cup of change. I cashed in 90 dollars worth of change. I used that 90 bucks to buy a fine case for my laptop!!

By the way, I got my laptop back. The freakin' Ge.ek Squad wanted to charge an Oldgirl some 750 bucks for repairs.

*crickets*

I had a short in my LCD screen, causing it to freeze, and there was MUCH haggling over why it cost that much to fix a screen, especially when I paid 300 bucks for the special plan that gave me free repairs. We fussed about this over a three day period. I had visions of myself going down to Be.st Buy and hurling a brick through the window.

But when I went to pick it up, there was no charge. They rebuilt the whole laptop, giving me a new CD rom drive, a whole new screen, and a rebuilt case. (Come to think about it, my laptop did look like I'd been running through the jungle and using it to clear the way. Yes, I have been VERY hard on it, to the point where I may have to have 2 laptops at my disposal). It looked brand new save for the rubbed off E, N, and D. I guess I use those letters the most.

I thought about going off because they didn't give me new letters. But I decided against it. I took my laptop and receipt and ran for the door before they changed their minds!

But I got the laptop back the night before my birthday. I bought a beautiful new case for it, a case with enough room for my notes, folders, writing information... just wonderful.

LadyTee and I then went to the local herb store in Little Five Points and bought a few herbs for tea. We then went back to my house to chill and look at television.

Who shows up?

That doggone Snake... with his nephew J in tow.


As you can see, J was not happy to be there, LOL.

LadyTee and I both looked at Snake sideways. First of all, he stepped foot in my house. Second of all, we were confused and bewildered about the fact that somebody let Snake keep their kid.

"Ya'll shut up!" he yelled. "I know how to babysit a kid, ain't that right J?"

J nodded. He still wasn't happy to be there.

Anyway, Snake is totally in love with LadyTee. Snake and I have the following convo MUCH too often:

"Lee, where that girl at?"
"Who?"
"That girl. That girl with the blue Buick."
"Who, Tee?"
He nods and grins hard, baring all 8 of his teeth. "Yeah, where Tee at?"
"I don't know. I talk to her everyday, but we don't get together."
"Tell her I said hey."
I look at him sideways. "Alright, Snake."

So when Snake sees her Buick in the driveway... let's just say he leans on the doorbell REAL hard.

Now the issha is that LadyTee hypes him up something terrible.

"Lee, is that my boyfriend? Is that my boyfriend Snake!!?"

I tell ya... the way she act around him? Let's just say that Snake feel like he's the King of the world. If nobody else is happy to see him, LadyTee is.

We all talk for a minute, and I go outside to move LadyTee's car from the street to the yard so that Snake can wash it. Snake and I are in the driveway talking, while LadyTee is up on my front porch, peering down at us. Then she says the craziest thing in the world.

"Snake, I need two tires."
"What?" Snake asks. Both he and I are looking at her like she is crazy.
LadyTee holds up two fingers. "Two, Snake. I need two tires for my car."
Snake gets a twinkle in his eye. He grins hard, showing all 8 of his teeth.

*LadyLee kicks the hard eyeroll*

"Snake, come on man," she whispers loudly. "I need two tires for my car."

Snake is standing there thinking, which means he is trying to come up with poetic verse to impress her.

He yells "LadyTee, somebody musta told you to come to the neighborhood where it's all good and you can get all you need to proceed..."

He yells some more stuff. That's all I can remember. All I know is that I all of a sudden had visions of my Mazda sitting up on bricks. All because Snake is trying to fulfill LadyTee's request.

"Man, you BETTER not snatch my tires!" I yelled.
LadyTee waves me off and then smiles back at Snake. "Shut up, Lee. We don't have the same size tires."

I didn't want to hear anymore. I went into the house. I have to watch LadyTee. I can get locked up fooling with that chick.

She hangs around outside with Snake a little longer. He ends up washing both my car and LadyTee's car (and you best believe he came back at ten o'clock that night whining and singing negro spirituals about all the work he did, and how we didn't pay him. I gave him 10 bucks.)

She came back in the house when Snake finished washing the cars.

"Lee, Snake gonna put a couple of tires in your garage. Just let me know when he brings them by."
"Man, don't get me involved in ya'll's mess," I yelled.
"It's legit. He said he got a cousin that own a tire shop."


Yeah, and I bet it's the same cousin that he told me about who gave him some cat food to sell to me. I bought the cat food.



Turns out it wasn't legit. Poor Oscar-Tyrone will be eating hot catfood until Christmas!!


Yeah Oscar-Tyrone... Shocking ain't it???... I feel ya, baby. What's done is done, son. You better eat!!

LOL!

So that's my birthday... I think I chilled out that evening, and talked on the phone to a few peeps. Cleaned up the house a little more, and got ready for the next day.

Can't wait for my next birthday, man!!!

8 comments:

  1. oh my lord. What kind of mess is ladytee tryin' to get you into. On your birthday, at that!

    I'm glad you enjoyed your day and I like the idea of saving change from year to year. That's pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @BBall Mama...

    Yeah, they had me all spooked. And I talked to Snake tonight. He said "Lee, I had those tires at 3:30 a.m. the other morning and felt, since you are a woman of integrity, it would have been highly improper to knock on your door at such an inappropriate hour."

    Two words: Hot Tires!

    And I told him that he would be sitting right outside by himself on my front porch at 3:30 am with a couple of tires, and the police looking at him after I call them and report him.

    LadyTee has a birthday coming up in March. I may just bless her with some tires.

    Saving change is a little different for me. I use to save my dollar bills from birthday to birthday... I would have 400-500 bucks for my birthday. Talk about fun! But right now, change is easier to save. I think the highest I've saved is about 150 bucks. I think it's a good system!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:54:00 AM

    Sounds like a great day. I always take my b-day off too. It's always the best present I get.

    Sweeping relaxes you? yeah, ok.

    Tires in the garage? Don't be surprised if Five-O shows up shortly thereafter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ That Oldgirl Chele...

    Yeah girl, I like to sweep... Nothing like the sound of that broom!

    "Swish, swish, swwwiiiissh!!"

    LOL!!

    There will be no tires in my garage... 5-0 will catch him before that.

    Man, there is CONSTANT selling going on on my street... everything from the prostitutes selling services on the corner, the drug dealers selling product and the crackheads selling merchandise. We have neighborhood meetings all the time and the police are always like "Gee, we didn't know!" Humph. I doubt they will run up on me about anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMAO@hot cat food. i always end up catching the guffaws after reading your entries.

    ya girl tee is gonna get you put in jail over some tires...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ATLien Nikki...

    Girl, I am still MAD about that cat food debacle. He knows that I have a rule of not buying anything from anyone on that street. And he got me good that day. He knows he's out of luck now.

    I mentioned the "3:30 am" delivery info to LadyTee and she said that if they ain't hot tires, he shouldn't have to bring them over around that time. (Duuuuh!!) So I think she's going to skip out on that.

    I told him to come on over at 3:30 am. The police will be waiting for him, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday!

    I wish I knew Snake, I need some tires REAL bad (uh, if I could convince myself they weren't hot, LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Sista Toldja... I told LadyTee, any tires he brang through are SMOKIN'... she better get a receipt or something. I'm still tripping off this hot catfood!!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!