Monday, February 12, 2007

SnAkE BiTEs: "The Thin Line: In Search of Respect"

It’s a thin line between wrong and right
I’m trapped in a trance of morning light.
Ghetto ain’t left me no choices

I have to fight!
Although I’ve been made a man from the mistakes I’ve made.


Niggas dead…
Some have gone…
But I’m still not afraid.
Ain’t too grown to get back on these ghetto games I played
My life would have been cut off if my dues wasn’t paid.

The material mind is enticed by that dollar bill,
It makes some brothers fight, and some even kill.
Some will do anything for a bill
‘Cause they think they’ll get respect.

But there minds are weak.
They’re obsolete.
Their future’s bleak.
Their minds a beak, big like the bird.
They’re selling crack and living cheap.
Got a used ass car to go beep beep.
Play music up loud in a stolen jeep.


So what you want you will not get.
What you need, you won’t admit.
Like Hercules, your mind is strong
But your mind is like the devil
Your ideas are wrong.

It really don’t matter how hard you try.
Money don’t buy RESPECT.

2 comments:

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!