Monday, February 05, 2007

SnAkE BiTes: "So Blue" and "She Hurt My Feelings"

So I was out in the garage, hanging out with Tiny while he explained some weird upgrade he was doing to his car. Snake runs up on us with his trusty composition notebook in hand. He gets a little happy when he writes his poetry, and decides to read some of his newer stuff to us. (This is like, mandatory or something. He is extremely adamant about reading to us. We won't say no out of fear of receiving SEVERE chastisement!)

So he reads some of his what I term "Love lost" poetry.

He dons his glasses and reads very slowly, like he is reading a great masterpiece or something. We quiet down and we listen to him. Afterwards, we just stare. There are many *crickets* permeating our space.

Tiny was standing there a wrench in his hand. Me, I was munching on a paper plate of salad.

Tiny is the first to utter words. "Snake... Man, Snake who hurt you?"

"Really though," I add.

Snake just waved us off. He didn't have much to say about his lost loves. He only left me with the poems.

Somebody had Snake all sad and blue...

Don't know what was up with that...

I will ponder, and continue to wonder.

While I do that, here's your "Snake Bites" for the day.



So Blue

I had everything I need
But now my life is so blue.
You meant the world to me
But now you're gone
And I'm so blue.
Everyday the sun is shining
I spend it crying
Thinking 'bout you.
I spend my life all alone
Talking to myself
And just crying over you!
Because now my life is so blue.



She Hurt my Feelings

I was dealing with this girl one time in my life
And I felt as if I was on top of the world.
She made me feel as if I was GOD's gift to women.
Until one day, things weren't the same.
When all of a sudden
She said that I appreciate you,
You showed me how to love someone unconditionally.
Not realizing that she used me
Just as a reherasal
For when someone who she really like comes along.


She hurt my feelings.

1 comment:

  1. Dang..my feelings are hurt too...Snake is real. Keep digging deep.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!