Friday, February 16, 2007

Friday Funnies!

**So much stuff happens to me and so many thoughts go through my mind that I find FUNNY... I thought I would start a little something called Friday Funnies: little funny stuff that went on that week.

Dedicated to the GOOD NURSE, NurSE CooK. Shorty, we gots to hook up soon, now!! I know we some Divas, with some Diva-like schedules, but come on now... holla at me!

Buzzzzzed... I had some type of Caramel drink from Starbucks this morning. Usually I get a steamed milk with a shot of coffee and a shot of vanilla or caramel syrup, without the whipped cream. This morning, they threw some expresso in my steamed milk... I was trying to tell that broad ringing up my order "NO!!" but she ignored me. I was too tired to protest. I was NOT down for the early morning arguments. I mean, I come in a couple of times a month and get the same thing. Why I gotta EXPLAIN it each and every time?

I am NOT a coffee drinker! I just want my steamed milk with a quick shot of coffee... THAT'S ALL!

So right now, at one in the afternoon, I am feeling like this:


I'm all buzzed up, and I haven't had a thing to eat today. I probably won't eat until dinner. I'm hurting right about now, babes! Uggh!! Really though!

The Milk and Cookies! My sister Kentucky told me that our brother Milk and Cookies was in town.

We're still in awe of the wide legged ant/bug with its head smashed off tribal tattoo. Grandma is the most perplexed of all.



[Note to self: Buy Milk and Cookies a BIG bottle of expensive lotion. I swear, he's got to be the ashiest negro on the planet!]

Now, you'll notice that I said that my sis Kentucky said he was in town. He don't like to call me when he's in town... He likes to "sneak up" on me, which means he likes to use his key to come in late at night and suprise me. There is NOTHING worse than hearing the 3 note chime of the door alarm, signaling that a door is open, and knowing that it is not myself or my sister coming in. I'm sitting there yelling out my sister's name... and it isn't her.

Yeah, he gets a kick out of that.

I called him today to catch him before he pulled this little stunt.

"Be careful boy, or you'll be staring at my glock!"

*Silence*

"You got a glock, Lee?"

*More Silence*

I'll let him sit and ponder that for awhile.

Work. I don't know what is with my job. As you know, I am a chemist. Now on Monday through Wednesday, the workload is light, but things pick up a bit on Thursday. Then on Friday, it's like "BAM!!!". We're hustling to get everything done. What makes things worse is that since this is a long holiday weekend (President's day on Monday), many negroes took today off, so um... my boss has me doing extra work. I usually get samples at the end of the process, but I had to take them through the WHOLE process which is RARE for me. I bitch and I moan... Darth Sista ignores me.

Anyway, this means I have to spend a bit of time back deep in the labs. Which means I'm going to have my music BLASTING (MUCH to the Darth Sista T's dismay). I usually hook my laptop up to some bootleg speakers, throw on some unusally long 8 hour mix, and keep it moving. But my laptop chord is fried (Uggh! I ordered another one express, and should get it today!) And I left my bootleg CDs at home (I was too lazy to go down in the garage and get them out of the car. ~sigh).

So I was about to be looking real crazy... working in the lab in silence. Ick!

But I happen to find a random bootleg CD in the lab under some paperwork.

And here's the song list:

1. Everlasting Love- Chaka Khan
2. Do You Know? (Theme from Mahoghany)- Diana Ross
3. Disco Nights- GQ
4. Devotion (Live)-Earth, Wind, and Fire
5. Push Push in the Bush - Musique
6. You Make Me Feel Mighty Real - Sylvester
7. Young Hearts Run Free - Candi Staten
8. Sign Your name across my Heart - Terrence Trent D'Arby
9. Wishing Well - Terrence Trent D'Arby
10. Beautiful Ones - Prince
11. Don't Leave Me this Way - Thelma Houston
12. Owner of a Lonely Heart - Yes
13. There You Go - Johnny Gill
14. Make It Last Forever - Keith Sweat
15. Your Child - Mary J. Blige
16. These Boots Were Made for Walking - Nancy Sinatra
17. Fly Robin Fly
18. He's the Greatest Dancer - Sister Sledge

*Crickets*

I call this my "Lee must have been smoking dope and getting blunted when she made this" mixtape.

The mix is a bit, um... weird.

For the life of me, I have no idea WHY I put these songs on a CD together. No idea. The CD is dated "8/21/06", and that's it. Heck, I don't even remember making this CD. But I burn a lot of CDs. I usually throw them away when I get tired of them. Fortunately (or unfortunately) this one was still around. I think I will keep it for emergencies like today, when I really need some music back in the labs.

Anyway, I put this CD on in the lab, and got some strange looks from the Infamous Hen-Dog.

Especially when I started playing song #6:

Over...
and over...
and over and over...
and over and over and over...

*LadyLee screeching REAL HARD: "Yoooou make me feel, Miiiiiigggggghty Real!*

LOL!!

Hen screamed "Gurl, I'ma need you to turn that off!!"

Hen is useful in the lab, because he will sing and dance, do splits, all kinds of stuff. And he is an excellent hype man!

"Sang it, gal! You sang that song!! You sangin' that song right there! Sho nuff, now!! Sang it like you mean it, gal!!"

Yeah. I like that! He make me feel like I'm the next Amer.ican I.dol!!!

But we are finally finished and out of the lab. (My boss wants me to work overtime tomorrow, to which I yelled "Shawty, stop playing!" It ain't going down, babes!)

Just a few more things to do, then we can break camp!!!

I'm all sung out!!

You all have a great weekend!!

~LL






7 comments:

  1. Okay, LL..finally we break bread together! And what a feast..I would never lead you wrong when it comes to a good meal. Thanks so much I had a great time. and M&C..what a cutie u are...don't forget..I am cooking when Ms Jones hits town. Peace and chicken grease.
    the Good Nurse

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the song list. As I was reading I was singing the songs out loud to the dismay of everyone in my house. You make me want to make a cd.

    I hope you have an awesome weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @THE GOOD NURSE Stephanie!!

    HAA!! I had fun tonight. SO GLAD to get a chance to meet you, and Milk and Cookies was on his best behavior! He enjoyed hangin' with ya too!

    Homegirl, I only have a few words to say to you:

    You.
    Are.
    Crazy.

    Crazy. Crazy. Crazy. Crazy. Crazy. Crazy. CRRRRAAAAAAZZZZZY!!!!

    If I could get you and LadyTee together... we would probably all get locked up... we'd be sitting off in jail right now. LOL!!

    Really though.

    And we got kicked out of that doggone place! If I didn't have the itis, I would have pulled a "Dr. LadyLee" screaming tantrum! (I am hearing that we were being rude for sitting there too long. Whatever.). Yo, you call them peeps and straightened them out, LOL!!

    And you know I'm going to blog about it next week!!

    But that food was OFF THE CHAIN! Like you said, the Mac and cheese was straight from the throne room. Goodness!!! I will most definitely be going back to The Watershed!

    Good recomendation! Hope to hook up again soon!!

    @Deepnthought...

    This will be a loooong busy weekend for me!! I am tired already!

    That was a JACKED UP CD. I mean, I love all of those songs, but on a CD together? EWW! I am VERY finnicky about CD mood and song placement, and that one there was all over the place!!

    And if you want a copy of that WEIRD CD, hit me up with your info on my oldgirl email. I will get that out to you.

    oldgirl_1@earthlink.net

    You have a good weekend, too!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now u know i am calling tomorrow and voice our displeasure with the kick-out! Dang, I was soooooo taken aback by that foolishness! Offended? Yes, but not enough to keep me from going back for more Mac and cheese..yes, definately from On High in the Uppper Roooooom!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @The Good Nurse...

    Man, call them folks and let them know what's up!! I should be able to sit as long as I want there and let the "itis" pass. LOL!!!

    But, uh rah, like you said... t'aint enough to keep me from going back.

    Really though.

    And I am sitting here telling my sis about that doggone mac and cheese. I can't even describe it to her. Geez. I'm still trying to understand that that wasn't a figment of my doggone imagination.

    Look out for the post about our "adventure".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummm... did y'all get kicked out of Watershed??? What did you do??

    I was originally writing just to say that "over and over and over" is also a quote from Dream on, Dreamer by the Brand New Heavies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @CELIE aka Tayari...

    *silence*

    Um, leave it up to you to come up with a BNH reference. Sorry, hon. I wasn't thinking along those lines.

    You. Are. such. a. Freakin.
    GROUPIE!!

    LOL!

    And yes, we did get kicked out of the Watershed. I STILL don't know what to think about that. I am sitting here a bit... traumitized.

    LOL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!