Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Oscar Tyrone Tales

Oscar likes to hang out on the beams that are over my living room...


There's nothing worse than sitting in the living room and getting the feeling that someone or something is... watching... you.


These days, whenever my boss The Darth Sista T, runs up on me, harrassing me about some work-related craziness, I give her the Celie crooked two-fanger point. Then I point at the picture below, which happens to be the background picture on my desktop.



Sista T! You got me feeling like THIS!!

*Lee, eyes all spacy, slightly downturned lips, pointing hard at compuuter*

Man, leave me alone! LOL!!

I have beams over my living room, and sometimes I catch Oscar-Tyrone out on those beams, staring down at me. Every once and a while, I catch a few pictures of him standing out there.

When he first started jumping out on the beams, my sister and I would stand under them and fret. Oscar-Tyrone ate up the attention.

But we figured out that was all he wanted: attention.


So now, we just ignore him. When he figures this out, he comes down all by himself...

Go figure.

There's a lesson in that somewhere...

7 comments:

  1. You know that's just how they are. Cats love being up high and they love soaking up the attention. SOmething primal about being high up in the trees to hunt their prey. Now about boss lady...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where u been gal? I have been missing ya. I love OscarTyrone. He comes from a long line of Kings. He is just flexing his Royal muscles, that's all...
    The Good Nurse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:00:00 AM

    That would freak me out ... having the kitty walking around overhead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL@ Chele. This would totally unnerve my wife, but I think it's pretty fly myself. And you did mention that Oscar-Tyrone (especially with a name like that) is a he. He's eating up the attention. Just like his human counterparts (wink)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that cat's eyes are freaking me out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @That Oldboy Hassan...

    Yeah, the hunting thing scares me... I am hoping that I'm not chillin' on the couch one day and he decides to-- ATTACK!! LOL!!

    @Stephani aka THE GOOD NURSE...

    'sup gal!!? I been around... Oscar-T a king- too funny.

    Hey, since you are a part of my elite critique team, I have something that I want you to read, if you are not too busy... look out for something in an email from me...

    @That Oldgirl Chele...

    You know, I've had Oscar T for 9.5 years, and I think it took me a couple of years to get use to eyes flashing in the dark... I am VERY much used to it now...

    @Luke (Frank)

    Yeah, you would like some scary eyes, with all that drawing you do... LOL... and since we have figured out his beam game, we pretty much ignore him... poor kitty! And I aint' a attention hound... Don't let me pull out my light saber and smite you!!

    @ATLien Nikki... it is too easy to scare you.

    And when the heck are we getting together? Do you realize with you being over in Grant Park that you live less than a mile from me?

    Holler back, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your cat on or off the beams.

    You crack me up about the job and your boss. You crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!