Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Gardens and Such, Part IV

Alright ya'll it's getting H-O-T outside.

As a matter of fact, downtown ATL is all SMOKY due to the wildfires burning down in South Georgia!!


Man, ain't NOTHING worse than walking outside on a nice spring morning, taking a deep breath and inhaling nasty SMOKE!!

Hope it rains soon, cause like I said, it's gettin' HOT!

But my garden's getting HOTTER!

And a sista should be seeing a bean or two pretty soon, ya think?


The radishes and okra are starting to do a little sumthin' sumthin'. I think I will thin those out next week.


Now, it's just a matter of standing around and waiting... It's kind of like watching grass grow, ya know. I gotta be patient, and it probably doesn't help much that I'm one of the most impatient Oldgirls on the planet.

But I'm going to work it out... And it is always good to have a little help in the garden. LadyTee's daughter "Milk-Milk" is a pro at planting seeds and fertilizing.

I'm going to have to get her to come by more often to work the fields.

So that's it for the garden news. Not all that exciting, but quite pretty, it is...

Stay tuned for a little something about how I spent my Memorial day... I have a SLEW of pictures. Here are just a few to wet your appetite:

Oscar-Tyrone was being a party-pooper... He had a slight hairball issha, and he was a bit constipated or something... (Walk it off, boy, because you are NOT going to the doctor!). Anyway, he was NOT a happy camper.

We threw a little meat on the grill, ya'll!

And there were random negroes, like LadyTee's son best friend Pat, laying around on the living room floor, sick with the "itis".

That's cool, Pat. You just graduated from high school last week. Congratulations, Dude.

You can stretch out on my floor as much as you like!

Stay tuned for more Memorial Day tales!!!



2 comments:

  1. Girl, you gone make me start another garden. Looking at your pix makes me realize how much I miss it.

    That chicken looks good. My grill wasn't working this weekend. I had to use my indoor electric roaster. Not the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hook it up miss LL.. hook it up. Here's hoping all goes well so that I can show you my creation. Once I get all the parts together that is.. (wink) Here's to ya miss.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!