Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Gardens and Such, part I

This post right here goes out to LUKE CAGE a.k.a. Frank, who resides over at the House of Fantasy Beyond... For some reason, Frank, you think one should get dirty in the garden. Not me babes. Although I am only1% Diva, and I can't STAND dirt!

But that don't keep me from making it do what it do...

If you can remember back a few posts, Snake dug up a patch of land in my backyard so that I could plant a garden.

He is probably still a bit pissed about it (he thought he had to work to hard for 10 bucks), because he is missing in action. Humph.

So I went outside Saturday mornin. There's a little progress going on out in the garden, and it is happening rather rapidly. So as of Saturday afternoon, I saw a shoot kick up out of the ground!

And as of yesterday, there was even more progress...

My goodness, Frank... what do you think of THAT?

12 snap bean shoots have come up. GLORY!

And Frank... I didn't get one spec of dirt on my hands!

I know I must be really putting on a show for my nosy neighbors... I like to throw some music in my car's CD player, pop the trunk and crank up the music. There's nothing like watering the garden to some Luther Vandross!!

*Ladylee dancing in the backyard, getting water everywhere, and screeching out "Never too much, never too much, never too much, never too much, never too much!!!"*

Last year, I planted flowers in front of the brick steps of my house. (Well, my brother planted them. I just stood there and pointed at where I wanted them planted.)


Now these were supposedly annuals. Trailing petunias, they are called.

They weren't supposed to come back this year. But something strange happened: 3 of them came back.


And what was really bootleg was that they only came back on one side of the steps. I kind of just walked past them everyday and... stared.

My neighbor has been glaring at me pretty hard, his lips pursed, his eyebrows furrowed. He's been making all kinds of suggestions of what I should do. I wanted to ask him for the cash to do such things... but that would have been a bit, I don't know... crass.

But I found a good sale on trailing petunias, and I planted them on Sunday. This was not the best experience, because I had to get a little bit of dirt on my hands, to which I shreiked in horror.

But I made it through these outdoor experiences...

So stay tuned, blog fam...

There are more gardening and flower pictures coming:)

7 comments:

  1. I love planting flowers. If the sun wasn't so darn bright and glaring up here I would probably do it a little more often. Your flowers look great LadyLee and I love the colors you picked out. Blue is my favorite and that shade is of blue is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:44:00 PM

    Tell it Oldgirl! I ain't trying to get dirty either. Congrats on the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gardening is fun and therapeutic. Enjoy the colors and the beauty they bring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lady Lee, out of all of the Diva-isms that you sport, I thought one of the key elements that you would abandon for just a moment, especially for the betterment of that lovely garden would be to get a wee bit dirty. But, if you can pull it off and still look pristine, you do that thing miss. Pretty soon, you'll be so cool, you'll be able to walk between the raindrops. (smile)

    The rest of you would still maintain 110% tiptop diva-ism, so fly and to a high degree that a lower life form wouldn't even notice that you are even dirty if you did get a little soil on those fingers. Not to mention, think about the pride involved, knowing that you got into the muck and mire and did your thing and could say, "ahhh. That garden was created with the blood, sweat and tears of LL."

    No? Maybe Lee? Maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Frank a.k.a. LUKE CAGE...

    **crickets**

    Dude, did that comment have some Quiet Storm music playing behind it? Why is it that I feel I need a dang cigarette and some liquor after your comments? You and your words. Goodness.

    LOL, LOL, LOL!!

    Snap back to reality: Ain't nobody trying to have no pride here!! Dirt and pride don't go together!! I don't want the blood sweat and tears either! I am going to grow a good garden without rolling in the mud, breaking a sweat or shedding blood! Believe that.

    I can't wait to see a picture of your garden... The way you talk, I bet it will be some prize-winning craziness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL!!! Fah shure.. on the way...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well this Diva is gonna get her hands dirty this weekend!

    Gonna plant me some flowers for Mother's Day!

    Good job Lee....the flowers are beautiful....and I said a nice awwwwww when I saw your first shoots!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!