Friday, June 01, 2007

A LadyLee Memorial day, Part III

So on with the Memorial day happenings.

Snake, the Mayor of my Hood, stopped by (uninvited). He had the nerve to have on a tank top, trying to show off his muscles or something. He has been terribly angry with me over some heavy duty yardwork that he'd taken care of that past Saturday. I gave him 10 bucks to clear off a good 10x20 area of my backyard. He made the mistake of sub-contracting some of the work out, and thought that I was gonna give him more money or something. Yeah right. Anyway, he cussed me out real good, then posed for a picture, showing off his buffed up muscles, LOL!


He probably wouldn't have even stopped by had he not seen LadyTee's car in the driveway. He had an appointment to wash my neighbor's Mercedes (then he had the nerve to subcontract that work out. Goodness. For some reason, he likes to make sure his fellow "smokers" make a little money for their habits). LadyTee yelled VERY loudly: "It's my boyfriend Snake!!!" (as usual), and uh, he broke his neck getting down my driveway. He even took a picture with his "girlfriend" LadyTee.


Now, there was much food. It took Big Corey about 4-5 hours to grill up a whole mess of meat.



Big Corey know he can throw down on the grill!! I think I will commission him to do any and all of my holiday grilling from now on. Now, I don't mind grilling, but I can't stand fighting with charcoals, lighting fluid, and SMOKE. Uggh!

LadyTee spent time in the kitchen getting other stuff together, while the childrens sat outside with Big Corey and played cards and listened to music. I spent most of my time in my bedroom, very much enthralled in the Law and Order Marathon (yes, I was in heaven!). LadyTee got so quiet in the kitchen for a minute there, that I had to go check on her, LOL... LadyTee likes a lot of corn on the cob, and she has a thing for salad, so she was concentrating HARD on getting all of that together.

We also had watermelon, potato salad, bake beans, mac and cheese, garlic bread, and a whole lot of other holiday fixins'...

But, uh... what I really wanted was some of this:



Grilled Crabs! That's how me and my Auntie Joyce set it off when we get together for a day of painting. But it didn't go down like that. ~sigh~. Too many folks around who were allergic to shellfish. Goodness. And I was NOT in the mood to be running around handing out benadryl and making sure no crab juice dripped here and there.

But let's not forget the cake, which was the highlight of the evening.


We even made a little homemade whip cream to go along with it. LadyTee's son Nell enjoyed it most of all.


When asked if he liked it, he nodded his head, and kept stating that it was "very rich." (If I hear the words "very rich" one more time, I'm gonna scream!)

Yes it was very rich... That's why I made it with the stipulation that they take the whole thing home with them and leave a slice for my sister Kentucky and a slice for me.

After eating, we all lounged around, trying to recover from the bouts of "itis". LadyTee and I laid across the bed. Big Corey rubbed LadyTee's feet (Uh, should I have left the room? LOL!!). I played a few games of Playstation basketball with Nell. Pat macked on the phone to a few of his women. LadyTee's daughter Milk-Milk and I played around in the garden for all of 15 minutes, planting seed and spreading fertilizer.



(Yo Milk-Milk, I'ma need you to come back over to my house everyday and turn on the sprinklers. There's a water ban, but you are a juvenile. If they lock you up, you won't be in juvi detention for long!!)

Then everyone left. Yep, they packed up all that food and left. I'd been yelling for several days, "Whatever ya'll cook, take it all with you!" and that's exactly what they did. (For some reason, I have isshas with eating leftover barbeque for days and days and days.)

LadyTee has the habit of cleaning up completely-washing dishes, mopping floors, etc.- whenever she comes over. And that's fine with me! My house was left spic-and-span!!

So that was the gist of my Memorial Day. I did one thing I REALLY needed to do, after working like a Hebrew slave for the past few months: I relaxed and enjoyed my day.

What a nice way to begin the summer.

Hope you had a good holiday! And have a great weekend:)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:54:00 PM

    "It's very rich"...LOL That cake looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, after I showed my kids the picture of that cake they started asking when they are going to get sess some brownies or something. I guess I shoulda' kept that to myself!

    It sounds like you had a wonderful holiday. I'm glad you did.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!