Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Bottled B*tch!

Last Saturday, I had the pleasure of having lunch with my blog sista Serenity23. She'd skipped merrily into town for the weekend. We went to one of my favorite places of late, the Watershed, but we went in the afternoon, and they had this weird anemic afternoon menu. I guess that's why me and my crew always run up there after 5 pm. HUMPH!

Now, I'd been walking around the Kroger grocery store in my hood. I always refer to it as the "White peoples Kroger", because it was built when the white folks started migrating from suburbs back into downtown. So it is very nice, very clean, carries all things gourmet, and the checkout lines are very short. Plus they play the hottest music, everything from After7 to Prince to Luther. And you know that I'm down for that, man!!


Anyway, I saw something that made me laugh out loud. And I had to buy it for Serenity, with her being a wine connoisseur and all.

I bought her this bottle of wine.

Yeah, you read it right. A bottle of Bee-yotch.

I told her, a week ago that when I first saw it, I thought of her.

**crickets**

I'm said that because I know she likes wine. (At least I think that is why I said that, LOL.)

Just in case one couldn't make out the beautiful and fancy script on front of the bottle, the makers took the liberty of placing it on the back of the bottle... over and over, a gazillion times.

I'm not sure what's up with that. All I know, it was a grand marketing scheme. Let's just say that when I first saw it at the local grocery store a month ago, there were cases and cases of it sitting right in front the milk aisle.

I don't know much about wine, but I thought all GOOD wine came from corked bottles. This one has a pretty pink screw cap. So for all I know, this bottle of "Barossa Grenache" could taste like some doggone ripple or Mad Dog 20/20. LOL!

(And by the way, what the heck is "Barossa Grenache"?? That don't even sound right!)

(UPDATE: click here for a site that talks about this wine. It seems to be quite popular and hard to find).

When I bought that bottle, there were only 2 cases left. I don't know, maybe they took most of it into the back after someone complained... I was surprised that they would have it stashed in front of the coolers that held the milk. Isn't that a child friendly area?

Hmmm... go figure.

I don't drink wine. As a matter of fact, I don't drink at all. When I did drink, I was more partial to the cheap stuff like malt liquor and Boone's Farm. I would have had to mix the bottle of B*tch above with some cheap thunderbird or some Champale or something.

The Oldgirl has come a loooonnng way. A very long way.

Really though.

S23... be sure to let me know how that wine is.

And it was great seeing you, girl:)


7 comments:

  1. I don't drink either but I think I would just have to own a bottle of this "just because". That is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Chosen... yep, I agree. And I think S is going to retire that bottle to her world class wine cellar. Right S23;)

    We found info on it... Suppose to taste line cherries, raspberries, chocolates... some craziness like that.

    Man, is this wine or is it dessert?

    LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:45:00 PM

    I can't wait to hear Serenity's review of the wine. I love wine but I may be a bit of a snob because I wouldn't buy a wine called B*tch and expect it to taste good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to find that wine in Cali. That is just too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I refuse to believe you thought of me b/c you know I like wine.. I think it may have had something to do with the B*TCH on the front. LOL! I won't be able to review it b/c it's gonna stay in the wine rack, until of course I'm on my last leg and need something to drink immejetly... Thanks Old Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man drink that bitch....

    now that was fun to type LMAO

    Leezie....good find.

    Ripple? I split my sides when I read that...I remember drinking some peach thunderbird...and then I don't remember nothing LOL

    Alas...I'm not a wine imbiber ...and can't have it around the kids...I took them shoppping...and was gonna buy some shirt with "bitch" something on it...they both were like mommy why would you buy something with a bad word on it.....folks was looking at me....

    Put it back on the rack and blushed like hell....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy sh@#!!!! Luv, a wine call BeeYotch?? What the?!! Yo, that is killing me. -LMMFBLAO!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!