Monday, June 18, 2007

Gardens and Such, Part VII

Okay, it's been a little over 6-7 weeks, and the garden's starting to do some things now, ya'll...

Last week, the bean patch was looking like something out of the movie Aliens.


But now, the beans are ready!


I even have a few peppers coming in. I don't know when I should pick those... I guess I'll pick them when they start turning red.


And the Oldgirl did a little bean picking:

This is just the right amount of beans for me... I would lose my mind if I was picking POUNDS and POUNDS of beans. But it looks as if I will be picking this amount once every five days, and that is fine with me.

Now, if I can just get those cucumbers and tomatoes to come on in...

7 comments:

  1. Holy sh@#! You are DOING it luv... very nice looking gaaahhh-den!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch out now....that Original Oldgirl just may be the answer to the question of world hunger....

    P.S. Two posts say I AM NOT RETIRED!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Frank (Luke Cage)...

    Sir Knight... I am waiting on your creation. Or did you decide not to have a garden this year. Aww shucks.

    @Sharon...

    Here you come, tip-toeing out and picking up the microphone...

    No, I'm just the answer to MY hunger... That garden is pretty small (thank goodness). Had one 3 times as big a few years ago, and I thought I'd jumped back into slavery with all the picking we were doing.

    Okay, you've hit over here 2 times. I will put a "?" next to the "RETIRED".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I love fresh veggies!And since it's the perfect amount at least you know,nothing will have to go to waste. You can cook some and freeze some. That is the best thing about growing your own, unlimted quantities!

    It's looking better and better every week LadyLee.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!