Thursday, June 14, 2007

Dreams and Milk and Cookies

I had a dream on Saturday night that my brother Milk and Cookies snuck into the house and suprised me... He has the habit of not telling anyone that he is on leave from base and then just show up in town. Then he likes to sneak into my house real late at night and scare me.

Well, I can usually hear the door alarm triple beep when he comes in.

But I didn't that night.

I dreamed he came in my room sat on the bed, and talked to me for a few minutes. One would think that I was awake because the TV was on, but I wasn't.

So I thought I was just dreaming of him because I missed him...

That is, until I got up the next morning and saw this on my dining room table:


Milk and Cookies' motorcycle helmet and gloves.

This meant he was somewhere in my house asleep, most likely upstairs in the spare bedroom. I didn't check to see, as I rarely go upstairs. But he eventually dragged his tail downstairs around noon. (He and my sister don't get out of the bed until at least noon... I, however, am bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at 5:00 a.m. ~sigh~).
He came downstairs and talked to me for awhile. I told him that I dreamed he'd come into my room and dove on the bed. (That mess was cute when he was two years old. Now, it's downright insane. He is too old and to big to be doing all that!)
He said he did come in and jump on the bed, and we talked. I thought I was dreaming, but I wasn't. Go figure. LOL!
Our sister Kentucky woke up right after him and came downstairs and threw some sausage patties in a skillet. Then she asked Milk and Cookies to watch it so it wouldn't burn. Then she disappeared back upstairs.
And didn't come back.
As a result, a whining Milk and Cookies had to cook breakfast for the two of them.


(Yeah, 'cause I, the Oldgirl, ain't cooking breakfast for NOBODY. They know they better work that ish out).
We went outside later on, and I took some pictures of him with his beloved motorcycle.

(I bought him that shirt when he was 12. I can't believe he still wears it. Goodness.)
He pointed at a couple of motorcycle parts that he was proud of. I had no idea what he was talking about. I was more concerned about the pieces of electrical tape on the rear bumper.

He blew that off. "Oh, that's just a piece that fell off."
**crickets**
I just let that go. I've given up complaining about him wanting a motorcycle. Didn't matter what I said anyway, because he went ahead on and bought it.

Even the Infamous Hen-Dog, my co-worker and personal chaffeur, stopped by to say hello. He pointed at Milk and Cookies and simply stated "He's the man."

But just as fast as Milk and Cookies rode into town... he left just as fast.
I only got a chance to spend a couple of hours with him.
But it was worth it!
Come back soon, little man... and be safe out there.

4 comments:

  1. Yeaahh! Great narrative LL! I like the relationship you have with him. "Oldgirl ain't cooking breakfast for nobody" - is there ANYTHING you do that requires some kind of physical labor miss LL? Huh? Huh? But great story. I'll take some pics when I get my motorcycle. the Ghost Rider way... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:56:00 PM

    I wanna ride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww..thata's so sweet that he loves you the same way he did when he was little. Treasure that special relationship because alot of us wish we could be so blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww...

    I love that you love you little brother so.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!