Friday, February 22, 2008

Foto Fridays

My Auntie Joyce is a photographer, and has a business restoring photos. She's also our family historian. (Yeah, that makes us sound aristocratic, lol.)

But we were looking through some of her collection, and came across a photo of my Great Great Grandfather, Mr. Harry Kendall.



I look at this photo and think, what a handsome fella he was. I wonder what kind of car he drove, what were his favorite TV shows, etc.

I had to catch myself. This is a photo from the late 1800's. He probably had a horse. And if not, he had to walk everywhere.

And there was no TV back then.

Humph.

Makes me feel a little weird about getting all pissed off when my cell phone goes dead because I forgot to charge it up...


4 comments:

  1. That pic is awesome. It looks well preserved and makes me think about this great documentary I watched last week called African American Lives 2! Have you heard of it LL? This is great television as prominent blacks trace their heritage back to the slave days. I'll be blogging about this soon. Stay tuned luv and have a great weekend. (yeah, their lives makes us look at ours in a whole new perspective don't it?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can so relate to you on the "cell phone" madness. I feel the same way about contact lenses. I get so angry with myself for being too lazy to properly store DISPOSABLE lenses. I don't deserve the privilege of wearing them.

    Anyway...Great, great, Grandpa was definitely a good looking main!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great picture! And such a blessing to have one so old.

    Yeah, thinking about the era the picture was taken in certainly does make you say, hhmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep a copy of that photo handy. It seems like your GGG can keep you in check. ;)

    My husband is seven years older than I am. Shoot, they used to pray in public school. What?!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!