Friday, November 05, 2010

Frosty Friday Freestyles

One word.

Cold

It is cold outside. It is currently 38 degrees in the ATL. For some reason, I thought it would HOT forever.

Wrong on that one.

I walked down into the garage yesterday to get in my car. I had on a thin t-shirt. Uh, let's just say I grabbed a jacket off a box and put it on. (I don't understand why I threw that jacket out in the garage in the first place, but I was happy for it!)

My week has been... I don't know, a week of hard work. I haven't been harrassed by management, so that's a good thing. If I can get away from Jedi Mind tricks, my week is GOOD.

My boss walked in the lab the other day and asked a couple of us, since she is leaving, if she bought a pizza, would we come and eat.

*crickets*

Uh, if you have to ask, then you know the answer to the question.

I will go. I have deemed it "My political piece of pizza". I think we will all sit there quietly and eat. I may need a recommendation from her sooner or later. I will eat my piece of pizza. Take a magazine or something to read. Do the right thing.

Hopefully she will ditch that plan. Not sure why we should be dancing and celebrating with her. Glad she's moving on, but our group is in utter turmoil.

She needs to go buy her new group some pizza, ribs, chicken, and all kinds of other groceries because they are not, uh... happy. And they are the Chuck D Public Enemy Fight the Power type of negroes. They are looking for Harriet Tubman. I told them, my boss is no Harriet Tubman.

Oh well, hope that works out for them. *Lee tiptoeing out of sight FAST*

Anyway, things will work out. I need my check every 2 weeks. This is all that matters.

On to more interesting and important things. I am doing well on my 21 day financial fast. A little too well, really. I didn't get my cash allowance from the ATM last weekend. Haven't needed it. I haven't spent any money or used my ATM card. I did my grocery shopping on October 25th, spent about 100 bucks, and haven't felt a need to go back to the store. I'll get my budgeted amount out today, and will work it all out. I may or may not need to go to the store. We will see.

As far as my writing goes, I've completed 31 chapters of my current manuscript, and will finish chapter 32 this weekend. My readers seem to love it, and that makes me happy.

Quotes of the Week: I have 2 that have stayed on my mind:

From This One Woman's post Thoughts... and Stuff: "I have often said that I wish I could see how people see me. I am just curious. I thought I was wearing my mask pretty well."

From Kay C's post Random Thunderstorms...(Really?): "I have gone through some emotional and spiritual healing. Some people did not make the cut. Such is life, really."

Both of those quotes, though short, really struck me for some reason. I believe they have because certain things have been bothering me lately, a little more than they should.

I have a couple of friends who are able to deal with any and everybody. I mean, people who talk about them behind their backs, etc., or just have difficult and trying personalities, and are able to be cordial and keep it moving. I do not possess that ability. I wish I did. It would make my life so much easier.

As a result, I wonder how people view me. It's not enough to consume me, but for This One Woman to pose the internal question made me think of that also. It can't be good. And I really don't care. Really I don't. There are just vestiges of how I felt growing up, and it seems as though I don't care to prove that I am good to someone who views me as bad. I just don't talk to you anymore.

But we have joked about it, with me saying, "Man, I wish I had a good heart," with them responding "You Do have a good heart." I think I'll just accept that on faith. Having a good heart is a far cry and the direct opposite of trying to please people and doing things with the motive of being acceptable.

At the same time, with Kay-C's quote, sometimes to complete that emotional and spiritual healing, you have to let some people go. This is true and it saddens me. Trust, it doesn't bother me to do this. And I've seen as a result, as I was telling someone the other day, that I noticed the quality of my life improved. That bothers me, but it helped me realize... Man, people know thay can hold you in mental bondage. And as I get older, I get impatient about being mentally shackled. It's uncomfortable, and I can't progress. I have to shake them off. Such is life.

How did I get all of that out of 2 small quotes. Don't know. Sometimes things just tend to resonate, causing me to examine myself... and to continue to work on accepting myself for the great Oldgirl that I am.

Song of the Week: This song here is dedicated to my baby blog sis, That Southern Black Gal. Her man TI just got locked up AGAIN. I know she so sad. She's barely getting along.

But he will be out in 11 months. Hold it down, Ma. Don't give the cookies up to nobody else!

(Well, her other man Lil' Wayne just got out this week... so she might not be all that upset, lol).

This song is for you, gal... *Lee patting you on the shoulder and handing you a tissha*

It's gonna be fine. Your Whisper of a Man TI will be home soon.

Master P's Thinkin' about You (dirty version, so turn it DOWN!)



An interesting song... about holding it down when your man is locked down. Be strong, Southern Black Gal! TI will be out soon!!

LOL. I like that song. Reminds me when I finished grad school and I was a file clerk for a minute, looking for a job in my profession. There was this older woman who LOVED it. Cracked me up, as she would always yell how the peeps need to "Let a b*tch live, raise her kids, and floss her ice." LOL! Hilarious. (Okay, you had to be there.)

That is all for today. My weekend is wide open and wide loose. No schedule for me... Just hoping it will be a good weekend, and I don't tare up ish...

And I hope you have a good weekend too... on purpose!

5 comments:

  1. Trust, it doesn't bother me to do this. And I've seen as a result, as I was telling someone the other day, that I noticed the quality of my life improved

    Amen to that.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jedi Mind tricks-I guess I am not the only one who is dealing with that right now. And because I will have to question (protest) some things, I will look like The Difficult One. Oh well.

    "Having a good heart is a far cry and the direct opposite of trying to please people and doing things with the motive of being acceptable."- I like that. Like you I wonder how folks see me. Some miss the mark, WAY off. I have childhood issues with the acceptance thing. The thing is folks will find what they find based on their "eyes" and not what is really there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout. :) I'm learning that if other folks don't like my decisions they can go sit on a tack. I don't care anymore. I have too many other things to occupy my life and time. Thankfully those people eventually fade from my life. I do what I do for my boy and myself. :) I'm learning to trust myself and it's a great feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Lee. It's cold here too and I love it!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cold air just showed up here. It from 80 to 40 in a day.

    LOL @ the video, Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!