Monday, November 01, 2010

Happy November Monday Morning

Monday AGAIN.

But I'm much more intrigued that it's a NOVEMBER Monday morning.

This year is going by FAST. Before we know it, wel'll be screaming Happy New Year!

More intriguing is that the year is 83% over. I have 17% of the year left to make it do what it do.

The current temperature in my City is 50 degrees. The weather is really confusing me. I am not coping well with the cold mornings and the warm days. I must admit that I miss summer, and my early morning walks. I hope to resume that again once we turn the clock back. I am to tired to walk in the evenings, man.

My weekend. It was quiet. Full of routine things. I must admit that I spent much time yacking on the phone to my friends. I spent a good amount of time thinking about some activities I'll be involved in this month. I even raked a few leaves, and swept off the front porch. I took and educational trip to Lowe's in order to talk to someone about blinds for my windows. I do believe I can install them myself. We'll see how that works out...

But most of all, I did much thinking about the month ahead. I have MUCH going on this month.

1. Today is the start of our FFF financial fast. Now, I haven't heard anything from the others, save one person, but we're going to go head on and start. I did it earlier this year, and it's my goal to do it twice a year, moreso now just to check myself, and to set new financial goals.

2. I'm working through a workbook right now about confronting our modern day idols. I've had this workbook for a week, and I've just been perusing it. It's quite daunting. I plan on working through that for the rest of the year (would love to get through it in a month, though).

3. This month is NaNoWriMo month. National Novel Writing month. I may or may not register for it. I am moreso using it to finish up the final chapters of my manuscript. I have 31 chapters written, and I think I may have only 5 to 8 chapters to finish up, plus some editing.

4. Today is World Vegan Day. It is the start of World Vegan Month. I am not vegan, even though it would help me. Your girl likes cheese and butter and ice cream too much. But I plan to have a raw diet today to celebrate this. Lots of fruits and vegetables, seeds and nuts. Nothing cooked today. OH JOY! lol

I plan on writing in detail about some of this this week or this month. Especially the workbook part of it.

Quote of the Day: One from my big blog sista, Blu Jewel, in a post entitled "Having Seizures", concerning "seizing" opportunities that come our way.

"I do have down days. I have moments where I feel stagnant or unproductive and I entertain them. Why not? I have to explore that side of me as it serves as a catalyst for me to rise up and forge on; to open the door again and allow opportunity to come in instead of having to knock. While I may never achieve everything, I'm going to do as many things as I can and with each "seizure" I have, I'll have yet another thing to look back on and be proud of."

That's good stuff right there. Powerful indeed. Made me think.

That's all for today. Look out for a full week of posts. However, my power chord for my laptop is spazzing out, sooooo... we'll see.

Have a great week... on purpose...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!