Monday, November 22, 2010

Good Monday Merning

Good Monday Merning!

This is a good Monday morning, as it is a Monday that falls on the week of a Holiday.

And I'm at charge at work this week. Imagine that! The prisoners are taking over the asylum.

LOL

I'm gonna have a good productive week. And that's a great thing.

Anyway, I had a nice weekend. I actually went to work for a couple of hours on Saturday afternoon. This is okay, because it will save me about 12 hours of time this week, and hopefully move me forward a bit faster with some things I'm doing.

But the most intersting part of my weekend was attending a dinner party hosted by the GREAT Master Chef. Darius, who is proprietor of the food blog Everydaycookin(dot)com.

Man, I tell you... it was some of the BEST food I've EVER had. That dude KNOWS he can cook.

I won't go into it. I'll do a post in the next 2 days. But that wonderful meal is STILL on my mind.

If you're not familiar with Chef Darius, here's a video of him cooking a dish I've made a few times - Tequila lime chicken fettucine.





And he's the cupcake king, Owner of the Cupcake Gallery in Chicago.

And I had some of his cupcakes.

*Lee passes out on the hard concrete*

Like I said, I'll write about that in the next couple of days.

Other than that, I did the usual... my chores. I didn't get any writing done, for some reason. I'll work on that this week.

I watched 2 very strange horror movies this weekend: The Box and Legion. Both scared the cheese out of me. Please remind me not to look at crazy stuff when I'm alone.

And that's the gist of my weekend. Nothing earth shattering. Well, that meal cooked by Darius rocked my world, but we'll talk about that later.

I'm up and getting ready for work. You have a good workweek, and if you're off, enjoy your time off!

9 comments:

  1. "The prisoners are taking over the asylum." LOL!!! :)

    Have a great "in-charge" week old gal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear about your food adventure....I saw The Box and didn't really get the ending...can u explain it to me? I still want to see Legion...

    Have a great short weel of work. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. His cupcakes are THE absolute best I've ever had. I love me some him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Green Eyed Bandit6:55:00 PM

    Mama Bandit sends her love. I am enjoying the week off from the kids with the Bandit kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darius cooked for you? I am 10 types of jealous!!! You have a good week too love!
    Go

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm jealous too! I would have ate myself silly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Ginae... Concerning the Box: I think they are trying to extinguish the society. So when the come take dude away, they may be taking him to some other planet.

    That's what I got out of it. That box being passed around, well, someone's gonna die. Looks like it's all the women dying out, so society will be extinguished, with them saving a chosen few.

    I probably confused you more. But that movie was WEIRD. Bizarre!

    @Bandit and Cyncere... ENJOY YOUR THANKSGIVING!!!

    Bandit, tell Mama Bandit I said HEY, and I'ma beat her one day on Bejeweled Blitz!!!!

    @Bunny... GIRL... THOSE CUPCAKES! *lee passes out on the floor*

    I can't even DESCRIBE how good they were! OH LAWD! That boy knows how to make a FINE cupcake!

    I love me some him TOO!!!

    @Sincerely GO... YOU SHOULD BE JEALOUS, because that dude. WOW. HE CAN TARE IT DOWN IN THE KITCHEN!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Southern Black Gal... Gal... We DID eat ourselves silly. (I kept telling Cowgirl Cre- "Girl, I need to lay down, I got the itis!")

    Let's not even talk about the BOMB Pomegrante Margaritas he made! WOW!!! LadyLee the Lush was in full full affect!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for the explanation. what you said actually made sense to me..lol...i was scratching my head at the end but it comes together the way you explained it.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!