Monday, November 29, 2010

Monday Night Special... Random, Random

Look at me...

Haven't been blogging!

Just got a lot of other stuff going on.

(Or being hard-headed - the choice is yours).

You know, I have soooo many posts in my head, all of which I want to do at the very same time, that I don't take the time to work on them. And I need to do that, because this is part of my therapy.

Well, I'll just do some quick randoms.

I had a pretty good Thanksgiving. I'll write about it later, as I am still thinking about it, and I have to load up a couple of pictures.

I've pretty much had a 4 day weekend. I was off today (Monday) due to having a dishwasher repaired. It's still not repaired. They had to order a part for it. I have one of those high end digital Jen-Air joints. I HATE anything digital. That stuff is bound to go out. I only used the washer once a week, and heck, it's been out for a while. (You should've seen the repairmens faces when they saw all that rust. LOL). But it runs, and all the digital stuff don't work. So... that means sticking around next week for another repair job.

This is cookie baking season. I baked a couple dozen for Thanksgiving (I never go anywhere empty handed), and I baked a few for blog sista Tazzee.

I like her comment concerning them. She and her tailgating crew found them to be orgasmic.

Now THAT'S what you call a GOOD GOOD GOOD cookie!

LOL!

I was happy to meet her, albeit briefly. She seems to be a funny chick. Good to meet you, Oldgirl!

I've gotten much writing done this weekend. TWO whole, very pivotal chapters.I've been battling around with them all month long, and I am finally done with them. (I think I may have 4 or 5 chapters to go... I think). Serenity3-0 has been reading some of the latter chapters. I was VERY nervous about giving these 2 chapters to her. She loved them. It all made her curly natural hair bone straight, lol. She enjoyed them, and that made me proud. It's hard to hold her attention. I'll write about my writing later on this week too.

I spent most of the day doing chores (I'm so slow with my chores... I think I'm caught up for the week) and watching television.

A couple of interesting things I saw on several talkshows.

The chick that is to be the new princess, Kate Middleton, has a wonderful style. There was a whole segment on it, and how I too can dress just like her.

The Kardashian girls have a new book out. They were on 4 different shows promoting their book of nostalgia and style, etc.

This depressed me a bit, along with every other story. Most of it surrounded the theme of, as far as I'm concerned

"How can I be like this or that person? Because I just don't like who I am."

I think that's our problem. No one's satisfied with themselves.

This makes sense, though. We should all be in some stage of personal growth in some area of our lives. I don't deal much with people who aren't, as I myself use them as inspiration to do better.

But I like me and who I am. I love my good side, and I don't care for my bad side.

I'm working on my bad side. That's where my growth and development will take place.

No one wants to be like me. i'm NOT famous. I have NO style, none of that. And that's okay.

I have my portion. And what a wonderful portion it is.

I consider myself one of the most unique individuals on the planet. And one thing for sure: there will never be another like me, and you will never meet another like me.

We have a problem of identity crises in this society. And with all I watched today, while busying around the house doing my chores, and a little writing, well, rightfully so. We do take in a lot of garbage. All day, whether we notice it or not.

I myself have to work on filtering out and separating the garbage from what is good and helpful for my life. And the lines tend to blur sometimes.

It means work harder... I suppose.

Whelp... That's it for my Monday randoms. I REALLY want to do a full battery of posts this week. I think that will be my goal!

I hope you had a good Thanksgiving Holiday!

Now get back to work! LOL

6 comments:

  1. Wait...I haven't finished reading the post--but I'll go back to it. Had to say this...I WANT to be like YOU!!! LOL! -- Maybe not literally --but there are only a handful--repeat handful of folks that I admire from a distance. They all have commanalities--they are smart, witty, very giving, they mind their own dam business, they accept the Cyncere One just like she is..good, bad..and sometimes ugly. They embrace themselves...and don't mind sharing their gifts...that "Old Gal" "be You" LOL! --Now back to my reading!!! I so heart you!! Cuz you're crazy!!! The good crazy...my kind of crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *cookie envy*

    Father forgive me....

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Cyncere Sista... Oh cut it out, gal. You one of the few folks who read and know me in real life. And you still like me. Imagine that! lol

    You trip me out with the "minding my own bizness" thought there. You know I get in trouble with people for that one. A LOT of trouble.

    Glad you think so... highly of me, lol.

    @Good Nurse... I still don't get why ya'll like my cookies so much. I guess it's because I'm not a hardcore sweets person. Glad you have "cookie envy"! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not going back to work this week, took off for my birfday.

    But the kind of work that you mean, yes I must & part of that includes getting organized & getting rid of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really don't get why people love your cookies? Really? REALLY???

    The cookies are awesome but for me, cooking is an expression of love and the fact that you go to the trouble of baking, packaging and sending is HUGE. We appreciate you, girlie. We really do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mam.. I do not have a short attention span and send me some more of that story!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!