Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday Freestyles

Friday!

It is... upon us.

Once again.

Been a long week.

A REAL long week. I am looking forward to the weekend.

I am REALLY enjoying the cooler temperatures right now. It's been in the 70s around these parts. I am happy for that.

I don't have many plans for the weekend. I may just stretch house. Only about a couple of hours worth of chores to knock out, since I worked a little on getting things done around the house all weekend. That might have to be the new order of the day: do things throughout the week. It don't take much. Spending thirty minutes each evening during the week getting various things done goes a long, long way. Really.

Current Events. One of the most craziest things that happen this week was the execution of Troy Davis. I drive past the state capitol everyday on the way home from work, and I tell you, they were out there protesting HARD. But alas, he was executed.

I don't know what to think about it. I didn't follow the whole ordeal, just remember hearing about it off and on over the years. I don't know if I believe in the death penalty or not.

I remember telling a friend once that I believe the reason we are not out committing awful crimes - murder, etc., is because of the dire consequences attached by law to such. I still believe that. Losing one's life via execution is a heck of a deterrent.

I also think about the courts. You have the right lawyer and the right amount of money, you can get away with ANYTHING. We see it ALL the time. It should not be so.

All I know is that I would hate to be a juror or a witness in a case and I wasn't all that convinced if the person was guilty. And then they get executed. I will have to live with the thought and memory of that for the rest of my life. And I don't want that.

Just my thoughts concerning such.

I think I will do a quote of the week and video of the week.

Quote of the Week. from Serenity23's "What Lenses Are You Using"

I'm still not perfect and no where near, but with a little experience under my belt I can say that I am now better able to calm down and think about things from both perspectives. I'm also better able to not make a battle an all out war. I'm also able to realize that I don't have all the answers and I welcome new information. I guess the moral of this story is that with each year of our lives, we should be able to see our personal growth, not just with our education, careers, finances, etc. but how we treat others and how we view our situation and life. My question to you is, do you take the time to sit back and realize what's important in the grand scheme of things or are you still looking at your life and circumstances through the same lenses that you were years ago?

Yeah... that was a good post. Made me think. It reminds me to do more self-assessment.

Good post, Chicken.

Song of the Week. Man... one of my favorite singers passed yesterday.

Vesta Williams.

Good grief, man.

She was found in her hotel room. No details on what happened.

And ya'll know she sang my FAVORITE song. It has been my favorite for the past 25 years. And you KNOW I gotta post it for my song of the week.





That song is actually a remake. I came the across the original by ConFunkShun recently.





*crickets*

Uh, no. I like the Vesta version MUCH better. It is much more lush and has more umph and passion to it. The dude singing the original sounds like he has had one too many dranks. Not sure what made Vesta remake it, but she did a GOOD job on it.

Man... I have been looking for Vesta's first CD, which contains that song, for years. It goes for upwards of $200 dollars on eBay. I've been trying to chase it down, with no luck. It is a classic and rare collectible item.

What a sanger! A real sanger. I have no idea what happen, but what a loss, man.

RIP Vesta.

Well, that's all for today.

I hope you all are enjoying this fall weather. I know I am.

And I hope you have a great weekend.

On purpose.

3 comments:

  1. You have a good weekend tooooooooooo!!!! On purpose!!! LOL

    *throws glitter*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of Troy Davis, did you hear/read our good old state commuted another man who was scheduled for execution on Thursday? He now has life in prison. This joker actually admitted he killed and pistol whipped a gas station attendant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Waves* I miss Atlanta! I know doing a little around the house daily helps, but putting it off is so much easier. Until I get around to it. LOL
    I hope your weekend is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!