Friday, September 02, 2011

Friday Freestyles... The Holiday Edition!

It is Friday!

*lee doing cartwheels all over the cubicle area*

And it's Payday!





*lee doing MORE cartwheels all over the cubicle area*

AND IT'S THE BEGINNING OF A 3 DAY WEEKEND!

This is one of those weekends, babes! One of those weekends where we get the attitude of my friend's niece Kyla!




You know, put on your cool summer outfit and get your favorite purse! Your purse don't even have to match your outfit! Just grab it, and hold it close!

Yeah, I'm grinning HARD just like her!

LOL

*lee doing the running man all through the cubicle area*


WOW! Talking about a triple threat! That is perfection. The only thing that woulda been better is me taking off today AND Tuesday like my cubicle mate, the Cowgirl Cre, did!

WOW!

But alas I am at work... And the thing is, we haven't been busy all week. It's been superslow.

I've been in my cubicle, tidying up my paperwork for the week, so I like to listen to my Ipod.

Combine it with being all quiet in the cubicle area, it being a slow week, and having a block of Sade music popping up on my Ipod and you have...

*lee leaned waaaaaaaaaaay back in the chair, mouth open, snoring HARD*

WOW!

Yes, uh... I am ready for the weekend.

I'm going down to "the country" with the Cowgirl Cre. I have posted about it in the past. Her Family has a big family and friends gathering every Labor Day. And it's like, a 4 day event. So people are down there right now. They barbeque during the day, and have fish fries at night. That's gonna be some GOOD eating.

I dont' care nuthin 'bout the pork. But I am going to have some tilapia. Yes sir.


And I hope whoever made the cabbage last year makes more of it. I was all up in the cabbage and cornbread! The veggie choices aren't big, but the cabbage? WOW!

So tomorrow morning, I will be up early baking cookies. I'm shooting for 100 cookies- 50 chocolate chip and 50 oatmeal raisin... Shouldn't take me no longer than 2-3 hours to crank those out. If I get going at 6 in the morning, I will be done at 9. I think we may be leaving at 11.

Now, what I REALLY want to do is make some fruit cobblers. Those have been my desserts of choice lately. I have these little 5 inch tin pans that I make them in. So they are pretty small, and I can control the amount of sugar I use. (I don't like a lot, maybe a tablespoon of raw sugar or honey). Here are some photos of a peach and a blackberry cobbler I made last week.

Right before going in the oven:

Blackberry mini cobbler...

Not sure what I was thinking with those fork marks. I will do better next time.

Final Peach mini cobbler...

As you can see, my lattice work skills are below par. Oh well, my name is not LadyLee Crocker. My name might be Lee, but it is NOT Sara Lee.

They were fun to make.

I wanted to make a big peach one to take down to the country. Cowgirl Cre was like "Uh, they not thinking about that, they want cookies." Well, I was going to make a cobbler in addition to making the cookies.

But there is a difference between peeling and slicing 2 peaches and peeling and slicing enough for a big pan... I suggested to CowgirlCre peel and slice the peaches. She gave me that Lil' Lee *crickets* stare.



She said, "You better talk to Oscar-Tyrone (my cat) and Solomon (her dog) about that!"

Alas... there will be no peach cobbler for the people. Oscar and Solomon won't be peeling 20 peaches. NERP.

Ohhhhh well... Gonna have a good time anyway!

I plan on doing some shopping this weekend. Gotta catch the labor day sales. I need some furniture, and things for upstairs. Hopefully I find something great!

So... with that I bid you farewell... Thanks for tuning in to my mini-food-for-thought week. Ya'll are so QUIET. I'ma mess ya'll up one day, write up something that will have ya'll all O_o... lol

Have a good Holiday weekend! ON PURPOSE!!!

5 comments:

  1. HAVE FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. unityfalls6:14:00 PM

    Those cobblers look good. If I win a spot in Oprah class down in the atl. Can I get a cobbler or some of your cookies? The class is next month. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. unityfalls6:14:00 PM

    Those cobblers look good. If I win a spot in Oprah class down in the atl. Can I get a cobbler or some of your cookies? The class is next month. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been thinking about you. We have to catch up. Man-Child is in the midst of football season

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll take a slice of that blackberry cobbler!!!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!