Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Tuesday... The Back to Work Edition

What's up Oldboys and Oldgirls?

It's me... your friendly neighborhood Oldgirl checking in.

I meant to do a post yesterday, but uh... that didn't happen. Oh well.

I hope everyone enjoyed their labor day weekend. I know I did, honey! It was a blast!

I have a TON of pictures to sort through and load, so I will have those up soon.

But for now, I will do a rambles post. Just off the top of my mind.

- I woke up this morning without a problem... what I mean by that, there was not the usual ANGST associated with going to work after a holiday weekend. No spontaneous bursting into tears. Cowgirl Cre, my cubicle mate, is off today, so there will be much solitude today, as I tend to keep to myself if she ain't here. So I am sitting here, with my headphones on listening to Luther. That ain't good... He might have me zzzzzz in a few minutes.

-I almost took today off. I have NOTHING to do. We are incredibly slow right now, which makes me wonder. I had somebody's paperwork to check on my desk, and I have to help a coworker with some paperwork, but after that? Zzzzzzz.... lol...

-I walked outside this morning to take out trash and roll the trash up to the street and I was SHOCKED to notice that it was COLD outside. The current temperature in the ATL is 61 degrees. The low for today is 57 degrees, and the high is expected to be 68 degrees.

This type of thing messes my head up... It was just azz hot outside. What's up with the sudden temperature change. I know Tropical Storm Lee didn't cause it, did it?

-Speaking of my namesake, Tropical Storm Lee... it caused much flooding. I haven't been watching much news but I also notice that it spawned a few tornadoes in GA. Nothing happened downtown. Usually I find myself trying to get around fallen branches in the street. But my neighborhood was okay.

I just hate when this type of thing happens. One day you have everything, the next, the floods and weather rips it up. Ugh. My prayers are with those who had trouble out of the storm.

-I MUST make up a budget for the month. I have been spending too much money lately. Too much, man! *lee passes out on hard concrete*

I might be alright. All my bills seem to be paid. I just need to put stuff down on paper, man!

-Two-thirds of the year has passed. Before you know it, we'll be hollering "MERRY CHRISTMAS"! *lee throws silver tree tinsel up in the air*

Let me be the FIRST to wish you a Merry Christmas... 4 months early. Ha HA!

-Yo Serenity23! Why you ain't posting, man?! Get on it, doggonit! Ya frickin' chicken!

-I had the most interesting conversation last night with a friend that left me O_o. We were talking about personal idols. In context of religion, it is those things in your life that you place at the center of your life, before God. In a secular context, it is those habits, hobbies, etc., that take up a lot of your time, and they fill some emotional void, etc. And it can be those things you do that cause you to neglect the things you should be doing. And it can have the added problem of getting you in a mess of trouble... over and over again.

Then we can get real deep... People have those secret lives that they keep well hidden... If you read my recent manuscript, the novel Watch... you know what the heck I'm talking about.

O_O

When people's priorities are out of order, that's a good clue that their's an idol involved.

Like she knows someone whose idol is shoes. That's a common one, I think.

She asked me if I had any.

O_o

Yep I do. And I ain't afraid to admit it, man. Everybody has them.

Don't you look at me in that tone of voice. With your perfect self.

LOL

We discussed one of mine. I actually have a few, but we didn't get into all that.

Here's the deal: I am cognizant of them. And if you know me, I am highly intangible and nonmaterialistic. So shoes and shopping and stuff like that will never be an idol for me.

It's the intangibles that have me hemmed up from time to time. But I work on them. And it is like digging a ditch with a toothpick. One grain of soil at a time, but there is change going on. Progress is happening. Believe that.

Alas I am a work in progress. Always.

That is alllll I got to say about this. A mini food-for-thought for you...

Whelp, that is it for me. This has been a Tuesday freestyle, back-to-work production.

LoL. Have a good week. Stay tuned for Holiday pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Let me be the FIRST to wish you a Merry Christmas... 4 months early. Ha HA!<---- LOL! YOU SILLY!!!


    I just hate when this type of thing happens. One day you have everything, the next, the floods and weather rips it up. Ugh. My prayers are with those who had trouble out of the storm.<---Amen

    All my bills seem to be paid.<---They SEEM to be paid? LOL Imma need you to CHECK on that lol.

    Great post. I don't want no personal idols. Nerp. Don't want ANY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is this latest manuscript at? Hmmmm????

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!