Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Labor Day Festivities

So! It has taken all the bootleg strength I have to load my picture. Goodness!

And it was well worth it. There will be several posts of pictures.

But for my Labor Day, well the Saturday before Labor Day, I headed down to the country to The CowgirlCre's family cookout!





Yes! They cook out for 3 to 4 days! Barbeque during the daytime... Fish fry at night!

And you know what that means... Food, food, and more food!

Of course I hooked up the cookies.





I made 100 total... Triple Chocolate chip and Oatmeal Raisin cookies. Nope, there were no nuts in them. No telling who had a nut allergy and nuts are expensive! So I baked those at 6 that morning, and I finished around 8 a.m. That worked out really well, where I didn't have to rush.

My baby sister Kentucky scooped me up and we headed out to The Cowgirl's Cre crib, then we made the 2 hour drive down to the Swain Family gathering!

And here are some food pictures. There are some repeats, so... uh, ya'll will be alright. I bought a new camera last week, and it does crazy stuff like snap two pictures at a time... one with flash, the other without so you can choose what you like. So uh... still trying to work that out. So there will be a few repeats, etc.


Don't matter... the food---> It still looks good!

Barbeque Chicken and Cheesy Beefaroni!

Corn on the cob, baked beans, and cabbage!



I had been thinking about that cabbage ALL week. And I finally got some. The CowgirlCre was one of the servers, and she was being STINGY with it. I coulda had a whole plate of that! Humph!

Hamburgers, hot dogs and chopped pork.

I have an interesting post about the burgers coming up. And a post of them chopping down the pig.


Pound cake!

That was a good idea to individually wrap the pound cake... You can just pick up a piece and go! I wouldn't want to be the one who actually wrapped the pound cake! Lawd! That's a lot of cutting and saran wrappin' going on!

Another chicken and beefaroni picture.



My sister was a server of the beefaroni. I said "Hey girl, gimme some of the cheese off the top. Leave off the beef. She couldn't figure that out. I gave her the side-eye, kept moving in line.


Macaroni salad!

Another picture of the chicken and beefaroni!




What was my problem? Why I got a million pictures of that? Humph.


I did have a piece of chicken. Very good!

Barbequed sweet potatoes.



I meant to try that, but didn't have room on my plate. The bananas were looking good. If I coulda stole the bunch of them, and put them in my bra, I sure would have. LOL!


Pork and beans!



I had some of those. "Gimme a scoop of that, without the cut up hot dog in it," I said to Cousin Cre. She worked it out. Alas, the beans were good!


Macaroni salad, cole slaw and potato salad.


Here we go again with the cabbage and corn!



Whoever made the cabbage, well, they put some HOT peppers over in there. I never thought of that. I will do that the next time I have cabbage!

It went VERY well with the cornbread!


Somebody's grandma made that cornbread because it was GOOD.


Stay tuned for more holiday pictures!

5 comments:

  1. Lawd...all that food looks SO GOOD! Now I got a hankering for some cabbage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhhh can I come next time?! LOL

    Hey my word verification word below is:
    ADIENNES!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep We had fun and ate a bunch. I think we fed the whole town bc that serving line was NOT going down. We fed the masses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang. Everything looks so good! I would not have been able to control myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like that was enough food to feed the entire town. Everything looks delish!

    Sounds like you got a fancy new phone. One picture with flash & one without, huh? I think I'd like that.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!