Monday, September 12, 2011

Good Monday Merning

Monday once again...

My oh my, how FAST this weekend went by. Shocking.

And interestingly, I didn't do anything. I caught up on MUCH sleep this weekend. Much.

I am not sure what my problem was...

Let's correct that. I slept a little, got up and did chores, slept some more, did more chores... went back to bed, did more chores.

I finished reading a book, which was good... then I went back to sleep.

So let's just say I am well rested. A little TOO well rested, i.e., I was up from 1 to 4 this morning. Not a good look.

Alas, a new week to get things right...

The weather is nice in the ATL. Didn't leave the house, but it LOOKED pretty outside, lol. Right now it is 65 degrees outside. I don't leave the house until 9:40 for work, so uh, I need that to go up by 5 or 10 degrees. I have NO idea where my jackets are, and I don't own a coat. This might be a year to buy one. It makes me feel funny that the temps have gone down all of a sudden. It might mean a cold winter. I hope not.

This is suppose to be a pivotal week at work. I hear rumors of group rearrangements and shakeups. Something interesting is going on with our group because for the past month I have had very minimum work to do, to the point where I could've taken some time off, and could've been laid out on somebody's beach. But hey. if that's how they wanna play it fine. I like keeping busy. That's my goal.

I hope to have a productive week, writing wise... I've read 6 thriller/police procedurals over the summer, and I think I see the patterns in them. I am ready to write another part of my story which has some police work in it. So I am happy about that.

Song of the week.

You KNOW I love myself some Miki Howard. Well someone put up my absolute FAVORITE song by her. Ohhhh, this song made me looooooove some Miki...





Man... Beyonce wish she could sang like that. If she could, she wouldn't have to do all that gyrating she be doing.

Humph.

That's just me. I want you to stand up and sing into the microphone. No shenanigans. No gyrating. And for heaven's sake, put on some clothes.

I think I am just getting old. Humph.

I miss the days of good pure singers.

Anyway I love that song. And Gerald Levert sings the chorus. Gerald Levert worked on a few of her songs over the years. There were a couple of duets here and there. I told LadyTee a long time ago that those two were together. My suspicions were confirmed with the airing of Miki Howards' Unsung episode.

So that's all for today. A new week has begun. I am thankful that all of yesterday's memorials went well. Thank goodness for that. There was some threat of terroristic behavior but alas, nothing happened.

Those memorials bring us back, if only a moment, to reality... what's really important. Sometimes we take our freedom for granted. It reminds me not to.

You all make it a great week... on purpose.

1 comment:

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!