Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday Freestyles

Happy Black Friday to you all!

Did you get up at midnight and get out there and do your shopping!?

Did you get the $50 flatscreen TV you wanted?

Was it YOU out there in California at the Wal-Mart store pepper spraying jokers?

(If so, you need to cut that out. You doing too much.)

LOL.

I, your friendly neighborhood Oldgirl, don't do the Black Friday thing. Heck, I don't like shopping as it is. I'll be doggone if I'm gonna get out here throwing 'bows, fighting over a video game.

Wow.

To each his own. I suppose.

No, I'm laid out on the sofa. I got that itis, kinda like ol' Oscar-Tyrone here.



Oscar-Tyrone got the real 'itis. I yell out his name, throw stuff at him to get his attention... and he ain't moving. Just laid out.

LOL

That's how I was last night... and this morning.

Although I did manage to get up this morning and fix my sister some breakfast.






My take on shrimp and grits.

My sister spent the night last night. I kind of felt like it was as if she was little. You know, you have a child over and then when they wake up in the morning, you have to cook. Never mind that I may eat some oatmeal or an apple.... A kid wants some REAL food.

I stared wide-eyed at her as she moseyed down the stairs...

"Kentucky, I ain't got no sausage or bacon up in here. I'll figure something out!"

LOL

I found a small bag of raw shrimp in the freezer.

And my sister had a gourmet meal for breakfast... LadyLee style.

LOL.

What's on tap for the day? I have to go get a prescription filled. I may stretch that out until tomorrow. We will see. I don't like traffic. AT ALL.

I need to get outside and blow some leaves with this leaf blower. That will be... fun.

And I'm blowing them ALL into the yard of the vacant lot next door.

lol

I hope you enjoy your day today.

Interestingly, last Monday, my boss sent a message to me and another coworker, talking about sense we were the last ones to turn in leave requests for the Friday after Thanksgiving, she wanted one of us to volunteer to come in to work.

*crickets*

Uh, as if.

I've gotten my cap twisted on time and leave too much on the past.

I was good, though. I talk to the other fellow "Tom", told him that we could flip a coin to see who would work. I borrowed a penny from a giggly coworker who was sitting near by watching our conversation.

"LadyLee, she's going to have to come up and tell me to work. She shouldn't have approved the time. We should just take our time. She approved it."

I was silent, staring at Tom for a moment. His lips were pursed, and he was serious.

I nodded, mouthed a silent yeah. I turned to the coworker who gave me the penny. I slapped the penny down hard on his desk.

"We're gonna rebel!" I yelled. I clinched my fists and thrusts them in the air. "Rebel!"

LOL

Neither of us was going to respond to the email. But I got an email from the boss later saying that Tom had volunteered to be on call if something crazy happened. (We are all on call anyway). And that was cool. Tom lives close to work. It's a 15 minute walk, so he can get there if some disaster pops off.

I don't volunteer for nothing. I've been used and abused too much. You better tell me I gotta be there. Or you gotta catch me off guard, like at the Wal-mart or a stoplight and make me come to work.

Thankful for Tom today! *backflips*

But I would have happily went on in to work if forced to, and had a GREAT day!

A GREAT Black Friday!

Really though!

And I'm going to have a great Friday anyway... laying here on this sofa.

And with that said, you have a great Black Friday, too!

1 comment:

  1. I went out in that madness. I only went to one store and it drove me insane! I must really be getting old cuz, I can't take those shopping crowds anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!