Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Here Fishy, Fishy... Fishy?

One thing I hate about working with food in the lab:

I get samples sometimes that I just don't like dealing with.

I love it when I get nice samples. Like lemons. Lemons smell good.

But I don't like getting fish.



I get all upset. Discombobulated.

For I'm like a volcano when this happens. My protests rise high and spew like molten lava.

*lee opens mailbox and sees sample assignment*

*lee commences to having a fit*




"WHAT? WHAT? Some fish! Got dog, man! I don't feel like being bothered with no fish!"

Yuck.

"I'm not Celie. This ain't back in Celie days. They cleaned fish back then. NOT ME."

Well, I soon realize that if I want to get my work done, then I have to clean fish.

So I have to get my head together... so I won't get squeamish... and clean my fish. And I tend to talk to the fish to pass the time?

"Here Fishy-Fishy. Fishy?" I say, as I slice my knife into it, and the blood spews out.

But look at this fish... this grunt fish...

He looks so... sad.

Is it me, or does this fish have lips?


"Here Fishy, Fishy!! Little fishy?"



Are those lips upturned... displaying sadness?

Okay. Maybe I think to much. I'm seeing things.

It was all very NASTY. Took me an hour. Some of that time was spent dry heaving.

LOL.

On other fish news, I was at the farmers market on Monday evening, and I saw an interesting fish.

MOON fish.



Moon fish! And it is flat!

I push my buggie back and forth in front of the display, trying to snap a picture with my cell phone.

For cameras are not allowed in this establishment.



Who on earth would see that, and want it?

How the heck do you clean that!?

I showed the picture to my Cubicle mate... the CowgirlCre.

"Girl, look how flat it is? How do you clean that? Can you fry it?"
"I don't know," she said. "Maybe you sautee it whole."
I shivered. "Yuck. Not with the eyes."
CowgirlCre laughed.
"Maybe you stick it over in a stew pot whole, and get the fish flavor off of it."
"Girl, don't let me come over your house and look in the pan and there's an eye staring back at me." CowgirlCre opened her eyes big, like the fish.

LOL!

I don't know, man. I'd only eat that if I was stuck off in the wilderness, or shipwreck on an island and that is ALL we had to eat.

*lee out in the water with a homemade spear, trying to catch the fish. Here Fishy, Fishy... Fishy?*

And I sure wouldn't be cleaning it.

You know me, I'll be looking for some fruits and vegetables.

Really though!

LOL

4 comments:

  1. That was one sad looking fish Lee. Now, I'm gonna see that sad face every time I eat a piece of fish...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does have lips and the look like they are turned up! That is hilarious. I grew up watching relatives clean fish. I'll pass. I remember the first time I walked into a fish market. I havenn't been back in one since.

    I'm so confused by the moon fish. Is there any meat to eat? I only fool with catfish, buffalo, or tilapia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gross. I have only cleaned fish once in my life and it freaked me out. It was the eyes, man. I swear that fish was staring at me and asking, "Why?????" Just gross.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It did have the sad fish lips. It amazes me at how God can create several types of one species. Several types of fish in one big old sea and ocean. Isn't that amazing?

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!