Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Food for Thought: Patience and Deception

I came across an interesting quote this weekend.

And it is stayed on my mind.


"Patience is a secret weapon that forces deception to reveal its ugly face."


13 simple words... but they do pack a punch.

Not sure what to say about that quote. I mean, it speaks for itself.

For me, the words that stand out are "Secret weapon".

Patience is a weapon you can't see. It is hidden, concealed.

And if you think about it, deception is a secret weapon too. We can be deceived by a person or situation... easily.

Patience forces deception to reveal itself.

And patience has a cousin, to which he clings close: TIME.

Patience is dependent on time. The more time that passes, the more likely deception will be revealed.

And it takes patience to let time pass. A LOT of patience.

I don't know about you, as I can only speak for myself. But as for me, I want what I want RIGHT NOW. I don't wanna wait, even though there are questions in my mind, or that nagging inner tugging to go in the other direction. I want what I want RIGHT NOW.

And unfortunately, sometimes when I get what I want right now, it turns out it isn't the best for me right now, or even in the future.

It turns out that I have been deceived. The truth has been distorted in order to make it seem real.

Sigh.

Let's face it, no one wants to be deceived.

But the deception... it can't outrun patience. And it will never outrun time.

It always comes in last in the race.

Deception never wins.

As long as patience and time are in the race.

1 comment:

  1. Powerful! I am currently dealing with a situation and being the impatient human being that I am, I want revelation NOW. In my haste for insight, I called my best-friend, as I was calling her to pray with me about this matter, she was texting me the following... "Patience is the weapon that forces deception to reveal it's self."

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!