Friday, October 18, 2013

Friday Freestyles... The Freed Hostage Edition

TGIF!

*throws plenty glitter*

And yes... I, a gub'ment employee, have been set FREE!

*backflips*

Yes. We are off furlough. 16 days of being held hostage by the absolutely best governing body in the world indeed!

*ladylee shakes off invisible handcuffs and walks out the door*

You know, I haven't been really looking at the news. It's just too much garbage to deal with. I figured when it was all over, someone would alert me. My goal has been to enjoy my life regardless of other people's tomfoolery.

So why in the world was it my favorite writer in the whole wide world, Tayari Jones, saying "I think it's all over."

And Tayari is running around France right now. Goodness. She heard about it alllll the way over there.

LOL

We were playing words with friends and she mentioned it in a chat. I was a bit bummed about it, as I was expecting at least a month off. But like she said, people have to get back to work. And that is true.  If it could take the rest of the month off, I would. But I don't think that would go over too well. Time to go back to work.

But as for me? I text my boss on Thursday Morning. I told her. "I don't know what's going on, but I will see you on Monday. I have appointments and things to do."

She called me while I was at my doctor appointment. I was thinking... Man, I'ma go off in this chick if she say I have to come in today.

She was calling me to alert me that the government was officially back open (before we left, I told her to text me to let me know, because I wouldn't be partaking of the news). They were having a meeting that morning to figure out what to do about paychecks, etc.

And that was my thing. I would only come in if I had to fill out a time sheet. And she said they were trying to figure all that out. There's not much to do anyway. It may take until next week for things to get crunk back up.

So alas, they won't see this Oldgirl until Monday.

Interestingly, they are going to do all this over again in January or February. I'm not sure why my leadership can't get it together. It brings up this week's Quote of the Week.

"Don't fart, then point at the dog."

We did that as kids. Sit there and pass gas... then holler "That wasn't me! That was the dog!"

I know back then, my poor dog Keesie would;ve cussed me out if she could.

Jon Stewart said that on his show, concerning the republicans causing this mess... then blaming the democrats.

Own your mess, republicans. You shut the country down and caused all this confusion, all because the President wouldn't bow down. Way to go, President Obama.

It reminds me to own my own messes and stop making excuses, and for goodness sake, don't blame other people for my problems.

This has been a pretty good week. I hung out with my father, which was hilarious. For some strange reason, he is more talkative with me now. We can actually have a conversation, instead of sitting there watching cowboy movies.

This time, we watched an episode of Cheaters together...

O_o.

And he has some interesting ideas about this whole furlough mess. He is concerned that I crochet too much. I told him that I can't just sit silently and watch TV. I have to be doing something. And that something is crocheting. I told him he should learn. This caused a raucous.

Their house is super quiet. I know his sister was like Lawd have mercy, they making up too much noise.

I had an appointment yesterday with my hematologist. My blood seems to be okay, even though the numbers are a smidgen below normal. My iron is a point below normal. (But I am no longer anemic according to my rheumatologist; seems as if they use two different scales. O_o). My iron storage is waaaay up, and where it is suppose to be. So I don't have to get checked for another 3 months.

I'm not going through anymore iron infusion cycles. Those are $250 apiece, and I have to have at least 3. I better be able to spin and turn into Wonder Woman if I go through that mess again.

And that's a good thing. Still paying off the medical bills for all that. Sigh.

But I am thankful that nothing serious was going on. Any blood issues I have are minor and due to my lupus. And that is fine. Hopefully things will go on to get better and better.

Video of the Week.  Happy Birthday.  One of the Platinum card carrryin' Original Oldgirls celebrated a birthday yesterday. Her 49th birthday.

Happy Birthday, Chele.

I might get busted up for snatching her Youtube competition video. But she is up in Virginia, and I am in Georgia. She gonna have to catch me! LOL

Chele has been doing some body competition.



Get it, Chele! Go girl! I said, Go girl!

Man. If I had a body like that, I would be wearing a sparkly bikini all the time... to work, to the store, to church. EVERYWHERE!!

LOL!!

I like Chele. I've learned so much from her. She has been such an asset, from afar. That's how I want to be. I remember she came to the ATL one time. I wanted to meet her, but I was too afraid. She might speak to me and I pass out, right there on the hard concrete.

Yes indeed.

Happy Birthday Chele. And many many more!

Song of the Week. I haven't been listening to much music lately. It is difficult to come up with songs of the week. One one old song sticks out this week. One by Janelle Monae.



See, I like her mellow music. I don't like her  dance music, when she's jumping around. That's just too much going on.

Well that is it for me. I am about to go run the streets. This is my last day out. I have been off work for 2.5 weeks. Not by my choosing, though. But I have made the best of it, just the same.

You have a good weekend. On purpose.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad the gubment shut down is over. And that your hematology #'s look good. Enjoy the rest of your time off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are free and your health is good.

    I have to say Dang! Chele you worked it chile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the birthday wishes! Great news on your iron numbers! Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!