Monday, October 21, 2013

Good Monday Morning... The Back-To-Work Edition.

Good Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning!!!

I am back at work today!

Glory!

Yes, I am trying hard to make myself happy about this. Dont' get me wrong, I am always thankful, but I need some GLEE!

LOL

And I returned to work to find that someone has been sitting at my desk. There was a large red, white and blue umbrella leaning on my desk. And there is some AKA paraphenalia here also. Whoever stuff this is, they better come get it within a couple of days. Nobody better accuse me of stealing when they see me walking, no skipping, down the street with this big pretty umbrella in the rain. I don't want to hear it.

I came in and proceeded to sign what felt like a hundred pieces of paperwork. It was some completed work from September that needed closing out (which had already been done). We have a team approach to some projects, so I had to sign some things. I felt like I was signing my mortgage.

But alas, I am back. Haven't spoken to anyone. All is well. I have no idea where the Cowgirl Cre is. We didn't talk during the shutdown. She texted me a picture of some funnel cake. So she was somewhere having a fine time indeed.


My Weekend. My weekend was pretty good. Very relaxing, since I knew I had to come back to work today. I did much around the house, and I am smoking away on a crochet project assigned to me by The Green-Eyed Bandit. (I must do what she say... she is from Cleveland, and she is crazy). It's a big one, so I needed to get that up and going before I came back to work. And it looks to be about 30% done. She wants that on the 15th of November so I can slow down on that now.

The higilight of my weekend was attending one of my old book club meetings. I was especially excited because they were discussing my classmate's book Solomon's Blues. It was a book I recommended at one of my past Triple F Posse finance meetings. Anytime ask me about the last good book I read, I holler...

"That Josephine Garner. You gotta read that Josephine Garner! You gotta get up on that! That chicken can write!"

LOL

Jo was at the meeting, and that was a real treat. It was a good long book, and made for a lively discussion. (I was hoping the ladies' liveliness wouldn't frighten her.) It was soooooooo good to hear her talk about her book, and it was good just to see her again. I learn something and increase in wisdom everytime we talk. And you know I am down with that, man!!!

Hanging out with her is like hanging with Oprah Winfrey! lol

That's the extent of things. Besides that, I ran some errands and yacked on the phone. It was a nice quiet weekend. And that is exactly what I needed.


Movie of the Week. 12 Years a Slave.


It was in limited release, only on 19 screens in the country, and it was playing on 2 or 3 screens in the ATL. I went to an early show in Midtown, and there were about 25 people in our theatre.  I think they were playing it on 3 screens in that theatre.

That was some craziness. Don't get me wrong, it was good and all. But that was some pure craziness. I caught myself mouthing a few times "What the f***!!!"

And you know me... I don't open my Good Book of Cuss on the regular. I keep it buried in the backyard of my mind, just behind the Anger and Hateration Trees. It was open during that movie, though. Good grief.

When it was over, we all just sat there. No one moved. And when we did leave, we filed out quietely. I even felt strange leaving, and going outside. The sun sure looked totally different. I tell you. It sure put all these high class problems we have in perspective. I was glad to go home to a nice house. I was glad to park my nice automobile in my nice garage.

The lead actor is a British black man. I don't see no doggone African-American actor playing that part. He played that part to the hilt. My hat off to that dude.

Good movie. Nope, I don't want to see it again. Tooooo brutal.

But it was excellent. It will get nominated for EVERYTHING. No doubt about it.

Song of the Week.  Some Old school! The O'Jays!!!



Oh my! They know how to beg, don't they?  LOL

That is all for today! Work is quiet. NOTHING going on. Waiting for things to get back crunk up. Hope it don't be too long!

You all have a nice week. On purpose.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:44:00 PM

    Lee,
    That British black guy has been in a few movies (he is around).

    What was 12 Years A Slave about? Should we see it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have seen him in a couple of things, namely Salt. That's the last thing I remembered. But when he recently did an interview on The View, and that thick British accent came out, I was O_O! He's British!

    The movie is a true story about a free black man in the north who is kidnapped and sold into slavery. And he remains a slave for 12 years until he gets out of it. So he goes through some atrocious slave craziness. And he becomes a abolitionist of sorts after he goes through all that. Interesting story, but brutal. The director is is a british black dude who doesn't do black movies. I think this is his first.

    It is worth seeing, but VERY rough. This director shoots very tight shots. I don't remember much music during the movie, except for that fiddle that the main character was playing... and the doggone crickets in the woods. The lack of music REALLY got to me. Made it way more authentic. Worth seeing. I can't go see it again, though. No way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm back at work too after a nice long birthday week off. Whoever said "absence makes the heart grow fonder" was lying through their teeth. I plan to see 12 years when it comes to my area too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wassup T-walking Chele!!

      Absence does NOT make the heart grow fonder. No ma'am. It took me several hours today to even realize I was actually at work. Sigh.

      I didn't realize the movie was limited release. I was trying to see a movie each week during the furlough. And that was last week's movie. Worth seeing. Definitely an eye-opener!

      Delete
  4. Yay! You are back at work! I was about to start a collection for Oscar- Tyrone's food bill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to see the movie but it didn't come here. And thanks for describing it b/c it lets me know I do not need to take Tyler when i do go see it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really kinda still want to see it. Momma saw it the other day and liked it.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!