Thursday, October 24, 2013

Vacationing in France


No, I'm not vacationing in France.

I am vacationing at home right now with a cold coming on, though.

But someone is sharing pictures of their French vacation with me. Just so I can feel like I am there.

My favorite writer, Tayari Jones, is skipping around France these days. She is having one fine vacation.

And she was the one to tell me the furlough was over.

"Furlough's over. You can go back to work now!"

I fussed about this. How the world did she know it was over, all the way over in France???

And I hadn't been watching the news. I suppose she had been watching or reading something. And they are 6 hours ahead of ATL over there.

Good looking out, girl!

She's been sending some lovely pictures my way, since I live vicariously through her travels. She is allowing to post the pictures.

And you know how I do... I'ma talk about these pics.

Here are her lovely accomodations.

Hmm. That is definitely NOT the United States. Oh how I am accustomed to the sleekness of the USA hotels. I would not be surprised if Heidi and Grandpa come walking up the hill behind Tayari.

(You have to be over 40 to get that).

And here is water from a fresh mountain spring.


Well. That does look refreshing.  But coming out of the rocks like that... I don't know, I'm just not there yet. Of course, nature's rocks are the best purifiers, but I need that stream of water collected and put through some reverse osmosis or special distillation process.

Really.

She seemed to be okay.

Drink on, girl. Drink on.

She said she climbed this edifice.
What is that, some castle ruins? What is that? That is definitely unlike anything I have seen before. It looks like King Arthur and his knights will be rushing around the corner on their horses of that place at any moment.

Run, girl! RUN!

And what did she mean by climbing it?  I asked her not to do dangerous stuff. No one can get to her to help her all the way over there.

Here is Tayari, basking in the sunlight, the tree covered mountains a backdrop in the distance.
I texted angrily about her sittting on that ledge. She needs to bring it in 10 feet. She needs to stop being dangerous.

And lo, Tayari found a big stick. She snatched it from the ground and she lifted it high in the air.
Again, I chastised her for standing to close to cliff edges. I need her to bring it in about 10 feet.

And I taunted her with texts of "I AM QUEEN TAYARI!!! RAAAAAH! RAAAAAAAAH!

Of course she wasn't thinking the same as I.

She was singing.  She texted back a familiar line...

 "Ain't no mountain high enough!"

You remember that old Diana Ross song from the seventies...



Had me singing (and texting)...

"Aaaaaaaaah Aaaaaaah!!! Oooooooh... Oooooooooh!"

Okay, you have to be over 40 to FULLY appreciate that song. And she and I are over 40.

And we like that song.

One last picture... and this is the best picture:



Wooooowww!  That right there is for all ya'll wine drinkers!

Look at the pretty blue water. Look at the rocky beach. That is awesome.

That's a post card or a book cover right there. Beautiful!

May I, LadyLee, go to the French Riviera? May I?

That's a good picture right there! WOW!!!

That one is live from the French Riviera!

Get down, Tayari! Get it, girl!!

So thanks for the pics, T!

She is always out traveling. Some of the places she tells me about, I don't even know where they are on the map. But she sounds so excited. She makes me want to go.

So safe travels, Oldgirl. Get on back to the good ol' U.S. of A.

Come home to SWATS (Southwest Atlanta). We some SWATS girls, babes. You can take the girl out of SWATS, but you can't take SWATS out the girl.

Bring your tail home!

Can't wait to see you!

1 comment:

  1. These pics are so beautiful. I want to go to Paris in 2015.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!