Monday, October 14, 2013

Good Monday Morning... The Hostage Edition

Good Monday Morning!  Happy Columbus Day!!



Ah yes! This is when we celebrate the "discovery" of the Americas! Happy Columbus Day!

And yes even on this holiday, we the gub'ment employees, are still being held hostage.

I think we still are. Somebody better text me and and let me know if it is over yet.

I haven't been paying much attention to the news.

Once they get all crunk up about it, I turn the the channel to something more... palatable.

So this is Day 14.

Got us all looking like this right about now.


We all have that... Hostage Face.  That face says a plethora of things: sad, annoyed, tired, etc.

Hostage face.

I am mostly annoyed. For high class reasons, of course.

I think the strangest thing, however, is the unknown... Not knowing when it's going to be over. Will this be over tomorrow? Next week? Next month?

Or... Next year?

*clutch the pearls... and throw them hard against the wall*

I, the Oldgirl, don't want to think about that.  One thing I hate is worrying. I don't care for fear with no basis for it. Fear with no grounds is just ugh....  Fear because of scenarios playing on the movie screen of my mind.......O_O.

Interestingly... we are highly trained in that, aren't we?

Not I. I rebuke ALL that.

My confession:  "I am good 'til January and beyond!!"

Another confession... "My money is long... like the lil' boy in the bible with the 2 piece fish dinner."

Yeah. When Jesus took his food, blessed it, and it fed 5000 and had much left over.

Long money. That long.

Yes indeed.

I am laser focused on that. Not looking to the left, right, or behind, but focused on that. I will let the rest of ya'll worry about these crazy issues in our government.

Anyway, it's been a good weekend. The weather was BEAUTIFUL. I was kind of tied down to the house, because my sister said she was coming over on Saturday. Her cell phone is broken, AND she has her landline forwarded to her cell phone, so there is no way to reach her. So I hung around the house waiting on her. She came over at the time she said she was coming (4 pm), but with her, you never know.

She was supposed to come back on Sunday. I didn't see her, and I couldn't reach her.  When I did finally talk to her, she wasn't coming over. We need some type of system, so that if we can't catch up with each other, we can leave notes on my coffee table for each other or something. Normally, I would help her with her cell phone (costs $190), but NOT while I am a hostage. That's below the line. Sounds like a high class problem, anyway. And she seems to enjoy not having the phone on. Just like when she cut off her cable. She doesn't watch television much anymore.  And she loves that.

"Feels good to not be all plugged in, don't it?" I asked her.

"Yes. I get so much more done," she said.

She is going through this thing right now where she wants to juice. I am looking at her a little crazy, because this chick is the coca-cola queen. She loves her junk food. She knows I juice, but I am always a little taken aback if anyone asks me about anything concerning it. I am not exactly the picture of health. I am not a health nut in the least. Go find someone who is in fantastic shape and eats perfectly, etc. Leave me alone. I have had to get over my own mental tripping about all that, and be useful and helpful. You would be shocked at the amount to folk I have helped. Still it bothers me.  It is one of my idiosyncrasies that I have to work on.

But on Saturday, I took her to one of my favorite juice and smoothie bars (one that doesn't fool with all that adding in yogurt and peanut butter and all that trendy stuff), and let her look around and order and buy some of their packaged juice concoctions to see which ones she liked.  She is having much trouble with the kale based juices...

Sigh. Gonna be a problem. Hope she works it out.

I am getting a TON of things done. I am making the best out of funky situation. I am sure this will be over soon. I hope so for those who have really been left looking crazy money-wise.

Quote of the Day:  "If someone walks out of your life, that means that they are not critical to your destiny."

That's a good one. I could do a full post on that one. But instead, we will just let that marinate.

Song of the Day:  I was looking for the updated version of this song, and came across the original.



Gee. I didn't know this was the original song. We know we will remake any song we can, won't we? Goodness.

I like this original version better. It is slow. And definitely Oldschool. You know how I feel about Oldschool.

Alright. That is it for me. Look out for posts all week!

Have a good week! On purpose!

1 comment:

  1. I would say Morning Lee,but its evening. I love the quote.

    I tried kale in my smoothies the last few days. It is now part of my rotation

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!