Friday, September 05, 2014

Friday Afternoon Funk


Well, I meant to say Freestyles...

But I have been in a little funk. Only momentarily.

I have had a 6 day weekend, ya'll. And when I came in today, by boss said "I thought you would come in. I don't know why you come to work on a Friday. I wouldn't have."

Well damn.

I gave her the hard eyeroll. And this was a tad bit uncomfortable because when I woke up this morning and looked in the mirror, a small portion of the white of my eye was blood red. I looked it up on the internet, and it is a subconjunctival hemorrhage, and there is no need for alarm. I immediately thought my blood pressure may be high so I checked it and it was 117/78, which is fine. So I got dressed and headed to work.

I coulda stayed home though. And that throws me into a funk.

I personally think I am PMSing. PMS is almost an out-of-body experience to me at times.  Especially if my diet has been ratchet. Sigh. One day I will learn. 

At least I have full range of motion with my arm. GLORY. 

I tell you what... That dryer is fixed and I washed and dried a load of towels. This morning I eagerly folded them up. They were soooooo soft. Oh my.

Can't you tell how soft and fluffy they are? Oh they were so soft. I just stood there for a moment and rubbed the towels. I don't ever want to go back to Color Purple Celie rough towels. No ma'am.

That is most definitely my "high class problem" solved in a nutshell!

Oscar-Tyrone. That Oldcat Oscar-Tyrone is creeping me out. He seems to ALWAYS want me to hold and pet him.



I don't know what that is about. He was messing up my Judge Judy time.

It's the staring hard at me unblinkingly that bothers me. Dude, you can lay on me, but just go to sleep.

I wish I could give him a pen and paper and him just write down what is wrong.

I imagine his hastily scribbled note would say "Lee... keep your girl Sista Callie Jo away from me!!!!"

I do notice that she doesn't attack him when he's in my very near vicinity.  I hope that's it.

And I hope it's not "LadyLee, I'm about to DIE. So I am trying to hang out with you."

Sigh.

Let's hope it's the former.

New Cousin.  I have a new cousin.  Little Mayah!



Hey lil' Mayah.

She was supposed to be named after ME. Her Pa didn't like the name. So they agreed on something else. And I kinda like the name Mayah! Hey Mayah! Welcome!

That is it for me.  I am looking forward to a quiet weekend. I have a Financial Freedom Fighters meeting on tomorrow. I am not all gung-ho about it, and that's okay.  I will still go.

Song of the Day? That's a hard one. I have been all up on SiriusXM talk radio. So not much music.

But this is one of my favorite songs, one I listen to every time I listen to some good music.



Good on these rainy ATL days we are having!

Have a good weekend... on purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!