Friday, September 26, 2014

Friday Freestyles....

Friday...

It is finally here.

And I am ready for the weekend. It is a busy stacked up weekend, but that's okay. As long as I don't have to be a work.

Oh... and it is payday. I sat here and pretended to be a baller for all of 5 minutes, then I went and paid my bills.

Summer Project Here's my summer Crochet project. Finally done.


Up close:

Finally done. Just in time for my coworker's 4 year old's birthday. GLORY!

Now it's time to work on my Christmas projects!

Treat of the Week.  This BAD car has been parked daily in the parking lot for a few weeks and I was scrambling trying to figure out whose it was.

We finally found out who it belonged to. And you know I went and talked to the owner. She works in the next building, and she is the NICEST lady on the planet. Just nice as can be. I talked to her for over an hour late one evening. She kicked plenty of wisdom my way (and you know I LOVE that!).

I asked if I could sit in her car. And she let me.

"I'll take you around the block," she said.

"No need," I said. "Just drive around the parking lot! That's fine!"

And she did. It was an awesome 5 minutes. Tinted down windows with the panaromic sunroof. Wow. And the leather was sooooo soft. It even had a leather dashboard. It has mood lighting. And the seat memorizes your body, and does massages. Man. What a treat. We were in the parking lot of the job, but it felt like the picture above... Palm trees at sunset near the beach! And the bonus is that I made a new friend! Glory!

Song of the Week. So Tomorrowworld is going on this weekend down on the southside. It's a HUGE electronic music festival that draws over 100,000 people from all over the world.  Last year was the first year, and I remember thinking "Man, there is gonna be one big Molly drug cloud over that place." But all the news outlets were hollering all over the place, warning "Don't even think about it." So it all went well.

So I was looking at the lineup of artists for this year's festival. I don't know why, because I can't deal with electronic music with that same doggone beat. And you know I ain't paying $850 for a 3 day pass, or $137 for a one day pass. No ma'am. You better have some Jill Scott and some Earth Wind and Fire out there, lol.

But back to the lineup. I was scrolling through it, and there was a group donning my gubment name
"Alesia"...

Wow. So you know I told anyone in the cubicle area who would listen. Then I proceeded to pull up a music video. (Warning: I think it is illicit. Haven't decided whether it is or not, but I warned you).




*crickets*

Uh... ok.  You should have seen us gathered around watching that. We were all a bit disturbed. I was gonna go listen to their CD this weekend on spotify but NEVER MIND.

I just can't do electronic music. I do feel one must be a little drunk or high to thoroughly enjoy hours and hours and hours of that same beat.

To each his own. I am glad there is a group named after me. Hopefully they will make a gospel song.

True song of the week. I've been listening to my usual playlists.  Sade "Cherish the Day" Live. Not sure how long this video will stay up on blog, but I can just go over to youtube and enjoy.



Man... I shoulda just paid $550 for that concert ticket. Ugh.  But that video makes me want to CRY.

Especially with Commander By came back to work reinacting parts of the concert. Sigh.

Ha Ha!

Well I am ready for a good weekend. As usual, I have much to do. I have it all worked out in my head, but if I get only a little done, I will be happy for that. Indeed.

You have a good weekend. On purpose.

2 comments:

  1. I love Sade...I saw her here in like early 2000. Love her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:08:00 PM

    thats a nice ride!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!