Thursday, September 25, 2014

Ten Thursday Thoughts

It is Thursday...

And I have many... thoughts.

So here are just a few:

1.  The last couple of weeks have been a mental blur. But I think I am just about back on track; however, it still feels like I have just fallen off a 10 speed bike. I am back on the bike but I'm trying to get the gears straight.

(

(Did you have a 10-speed as a child? Do they still make those?)

2.  I am thankful for the much cooler weather. Yesterday was so nice that I walked a few blocks away for lunch and I sat on the patio and did a little people watching. I also did a little window shopper. There was a small field next to a church a few blocks from the job. If it wasn't a shame I would've laid out on the grass and worked on my tan. But I think I would've been arrested for loitering.

3. My favorite minister preached last night at bible study. I wanted to go, but I left work too late AND I needed to stop by the house first (which was on the way) to get the journal I use to take notes. So I stayed home. But thank goodness for my Roku, as our church has a channel. I was able to stream live. You shoulda seen me sitting there taking pictures of the screen.

I was cheesing down, because he is my favorite minister. He has his own church some 50 miles away in West Georgia now. I was glad to catch him for the past 12 years as an associate minister at my church. I learned MUCH from him about identity crises, and he taught on that last night.

4. I didn't eat breakfast this morning, and breakfast is usually some type of kale based smoothie. I decided to live on the wild side and have a iced chai latte with soy milk from my neighborhood coffee house. So that tea has me a bit wired right about now.

5.  This right here is frickin' AWESOME.


That is a local fruit galette from the neighborhood coffeehouse. I don't even know what a doggone galette is. But this was good. It's a 5" dessert, so I split it with my cubicle mate Cowgirl. Cre. But I love the sliced apples and fresh blueberries which must've been picked from the bush down the street somewhere, lol. I have a whole post coming up on this place.

6.  I just found out that we're getting much more paperwork to review. My eyes lit up... This mean I can probably telework from home some days. Yes, I live 4.5 miles from work, but if I don't have to leave the house for work, then that would be just fine and dandy. Yes indeed.

7. Look at the plant just delivered to my job.



Thanks Lisa B!  Thank Mr. Lisa for me, too.

I like Lisa B. Nobody better not say nothing bad 'bout Lisa B. I'll bust you upside the head with my Good Book of Cuss if you do.  She is my best friend in my head. She best be glad I live 9 hours away. If I lived closer, I would stalker stan the cheese out of her. We get so much done over text messages.  My IQ go up a point or two after she finish dealing with me. I'm a little less scattered after talking to her, you know? She is my personal bootleg psychologist. Lord knows I need one or two.

8. I am walking around with these $99 gift cards in my wallet. So if you won one, don't fret. I will send them out eventually. I have just been a bit discombobulated. And I like to sit and make cards for the winners. I will do that this weekend.

9.  I have a cousin on my father's side who could pass for 20. But she is 60 years old. And she has kids close to my age. She watches Scandal, and was a bit O_O about me not liking the show.

10. But I am looking forward to How to Get Away with Murder. I love Viola Davis.

11. (Bonus) My church has quite a few satellite churches all over the place. One just started up on the "Gold Coast". This baffled me, because I know there is the West Coast and the East Coast... well the Gold Coast is Australia. They are 13 hours ahead, so our Saturday night services are their Sunday morning Services via stream. And my pastor was reading a report from them about how they were able to feed and provide services for 120 families in need/poor families.

Well you know my first thought... There are poor people in Austrailia?

Well just knock me over with a feather.

I need to read more. Or something. Shoot.

Alright, that is all for my Ten Tuesday Thoughts.

Until next time...  

3 comments:

  1. LL,
    Saw How To Get Away With Murder at my library because I missed it on Thursday night. Lol, wow. Ms. Viola Davis's character is an educated bad-ass!! They showed a scene on the computer (wondering if it was on tv) where her boyfriend (she's married to someone else) was "going down on her" when one of her students comes into the room!! I was like "HOLY SMOKES!!!". I will continue to watch until the novelty wears off of me. Anyway, have a good one.
    B.O.P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never been a fan of Shonda Rhimes shows but I LOVE Viola Davis, so I thought I would watch. Yes, that scene shocked me, but not more than the ghey sex scene. That was all something I would see on some cable TV or netflix show. I guess I haven't been watching primetime TV in the past couple years so, wow. Like you say... "holy smokes!"

      I think there is a lot going on and much that can be done with all the characters. So we will see how it goes. Like I said, I haven't been a fan of Shonda Rhimes shows, but I will give this a try.

      Delete
  2. Come and see how 1,000's of people like YOU are earning their LIVING from home and are living their dreams TODAY.
    JOIN FOR FREE

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!