Thursday, September 18, 2014

Gettin' Live


I had a very good weekend. A much needed one.And I am still reflecting on it.

My sister Kentucky came over. I needed some help with one of my smoke detectors which is located over my staircase. I needed someone there just in case I fall down trying to change it. That was a scary task, but all worked out surprisingly well.

Anyway, she found a really good raw vegan restaurant she really liked a few months ago, and she has been raving about it. She wanted to treat me to lunch there.  We don't have many "live" raw food restaurants in the Atlanta area. I suppose that is a California thing. My sister has taken time to research it out, and this place is near her workplace.

I remember her saying that it was quite expensive (as to be expected). So I haven't been kicking up my heels to go.  But I agreed that day.

The restaurant is called Lovin' it Live. It is located in East Point.

I don't frequent East Point (which happens to be next to College Park, and only a few miles from my downtown residence). Some 25 years ago I had a job over there in a warehouse. I am sure that warehouse is long gone. But that little downtown area seems to be thriving. There are a lot of restaurants over there.  And I would've never noticed this one if if wasn't pointed out to me.

I liked the decor and atmosphere.

Lots of African art. Nice atmosphere. And spa music (I guess that's what they call it).

The menu left me aghast.


Geeeeee whiz, man.

I had no idea what to order. I did NOT want my sister spending her money. She said something about a barbeque wrap that she loved (which was not on the menu). I asked how much it cost. It was $12. We asked the waitress if it was available, and it was.


I was wondering how they would pull off a "wrap". They used lettuce as the wrap part.

I am not sure what I was eating, but it was GOOD. That wasn't barbeque chicken, pork or beef... but they did pull off the barbeque flavor. I would give anything to know how to make that filling. It was that good.

Kentucky also likes the nachos, so we ordered it and shared it.

That was EXCELLENT. Again, I am not sure how they pulled off the whole raw "taco meat", but they did and it was flavorable. The "cheese" was made from pine nuts. Again, I wish I knew how to make it. We asked the waitress what the "meat" was. She said a mix of pecans and pumpkin seeds. I'm not even going to go home and try to figure that out.

It was indeed a treat. I have a horrid time with the whole raw eating, as I am finding it difficult to keep up with finding and preparing raw meals that I like. But this was such great food. I don't think it's particularly affordable, but one has to charge a lot for raw organic food and for the time it takes to prepare it. So I fully understand.

Let me tell you, we were FULL when we left. And I didn't have the 'itis. In fact, we left and ran to the electronics store. I needed a printer.

But it was well worth it. Not only the food was great, but hanging out with my sister and talking (and venting) about a few things going on was what I really needed.

You know I'm going back soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!